Def-tech and marantz? how does this sound for my first home theater system?

Username: Axlrose19802002

Post Number: 32
here's what i'm thinking for my first home theater system. any opinions or experiences with any of the equipment would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Front center - clr 2500b
Front left and right - bp2004tl/1
Surround left and right - bp2x
Back center - pcc2
Powered by Marantz sr6400

Username: Edison

Post Number: 189
You might want to hear Onkyo 801 and above - Rich and smooth sounding. Won receiver of the year award on Hifi magazine.

Can be hooked up to a computer by a firewire (for better sound then out of a soundcard like computer speakers). Since there is so much of MP3 music on the web, and sights like Napster, you will have a huge library of good music.

NAD also sounds musical and full - more power than Marantz. You might want to hear them to match your nice speakers.

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 80
Def Tech and Marantz is a very good combination and the Marantz line from the x300 series on have very robust power supplies so power is not a factor at all. The Onkyo 801 would sound fine with Def Tech and the internet connectivity is a good feature but the Onkyo will not have as much 5 channel power as the Marantz and certainly not as much as NAD. With Def Tech the best bets IMO are Marantz, Elite and H/K. If there are still any H/K 7200's out there for the sale prices of the last couple months I would highly suggest you check it out. Awesome power and great match with DEf Tech.

Username: Axlrose19802002

Post Number: 35
what is the difference between the x300 and x400? any reason to jump up to the 7x00 instead of the 6x00 series for the extra money involved? thanks in advance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us