Best receiver for Mirage omnisats $1000 range

Shannon
Unregistered guest
have the mirage omnisats, thinking of getting the elite 53tx or should i be satisfied with the onkyo 797. Perhapas someone has a suggestion on an upgrade in the $1000 range?

Dave G
Unregistered guest
how are the mirage omnisats? is there enough base
? are you using four omnisats (2 font and 2 back)?

Username: Edison

Post Number: 177
The Onkyo is pretty good - elite probably will not be enough of an upgrade to notice a satifying improvement - You might have to go with separates.

Try better cables before - www.accessories4less.com has ixos speaker cables.

In what ways do you want to improve the sound?
It should be pretty good.

Does the 797 have pre out on surround? Then you can get separate amp to get more power. The onkyo receivers got good reviews including the best $1000 receiver of the year from a hifi sight.

Room treatment can improve the sound. Search the web for acoustic treatment for info.

Speaker placement is another way of improving your system. They should be on a ear level when listening, with nothing in the middle of the fromt speakers - if you have to have a TV, you might try pulling them closer up.

If you want more power, and want to save and get used, there is www.videogon.com

What DVD player are you using? That can make a lot of difference. You might try Denon upscale one for a few days from a store - make sure no re-stocking fee.

Shannon
Unregistered guest
I have 6 omnisats and a velodyne sub. The $250 sats, which i have are ok with base, but a sub is definetly needed.

I just moved the sats closer together and it improved the sound dramatically. However, when i use the THX Surround and THX Surround EX the clarity is muddied and the volume is lower compared to just normal Dolby D. Is this normal for this receiver?

The type of DVD player is a Sony CX875 300 disc player. Am i selling myself short with this DVD player, will a different player make that much of a difference?

Yes the 797 has preamp output, what type of seperates do you suggest? Are you saying elite is an upgrade, but not worth the purchase. Is there a different Onkyo you suggest or purhaps a different type of receiver? I see alot of hits regarding the NAD T752?

Shannon
Unregistered guest
When i say closer together, i also mean further away from the wall for the omnisats
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us