MARANTZ 6300 OR 7300 WITH BOSS ACOUSTIMASS 15 SERIES II SPEAKERS -- GOOD OR BAD?

Dave the Canuck
Unregistered guest
MARANTZ 6300 OR 7300 WITH BOSS ACOUSTIMASS 15 SERIES II SPEAKERS -- GOOD OR BAD?

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of trying to decide on my first home theatre system, and could use some advice. I have a small living room (14-ft x 11.5-ft) and am considering a Marantz 6300 or 7300 with Boss Acoustimass 15 Series II surround speakers, sub, and centre speaker. The reason I'm leaning toward Boss is because of size. I do not have the room for large speakers. I should note that although I'll be using the system for home theatre, it will also be my primary stereo system.

My questions are: Do you think this would make for a good combination? If not, then what small speaker system would you recommend? Also, would the Marantz 6300 be okay in that size of room, or should I go for the 7300?

Any other advice of opinions you can offer would be very much appreciated. This is going to cost me some coin and I don't want to make a bad choice.

Thanks,
Dave

Username: Edison

Post Number: 190
Please don't get the Bose! They don't sound bad, but are so over priced... no audio lover will recommend them. Search this sight and you will get the idea.

These sound just as good for a lot less.

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/store/category.cgi?category=ht_htib

On the left side, click on the Home Theatre, and you will see choices - I like the lower end models with neodymium settelites.

You can get a complete combo for $550 and it will sound comparable to your version.

Energy speakers at circuit city also sounds better - they are small too.

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 79
How small do you need to go? I also would never recommend Bose to anyone.

Dave the Canuck
Unregistered guest
Thanks James and therealelitefan. As for size, I don't have room for much larger than bookshelf speakers. I've seen the Energy Take 5s and they would probably fit okay. They also have great sound.

Dave

Username: Bonedaddy

Post Number: 3
If you would like a step up from the energy Take 5, I would suggest the Energy Encore. I've been using them for a while now and they sound great. They are a bit more $$$'s than the Take 5's, but with the system you are putting together, they will be worth it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us