Recommended speakers for a Denon 5803?

Username: Ccryan67

Post Number: 1
Can anyone advise me as to what speakers/cables they are using on their Denon 5803? Unfortunately, I am not in an area where I can borrow speakers and cables from a dealer to audition at home. Wish I could.... Anyway, I am using NHT 2.9 in front with MIT terminator 2 bi-wire (grey) and NHT 2.5i with MIT Terminator bi-wire (grey, no junction box) for the rear channel. I am not impressed with the 2.9's. As front channel speakers, I found the 2.5i were warmer and the soundstage was more defined than that of the 2.9. I am considering unloading all of the NHT and moving up a small step on the hifi ladder. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 219
In what ways are you not happy with the 2.9 ? They are pretty good speakers already - will cost a lot more to get more. What is your budget? Can get more quality used on www.videogon.com and www.audiogon.com

Username: Gman

Post Number: 95
Often the NHT's are very sensitive on placement. But if you have moved them and still find them unsatisfactory to your taste, or just want the speakers in a particular place you will undoubtedly have to get different speakers.

Hopefully you can return or sell them. As far as what speakers you might try it depends on your speaker budget, room size, and whether you want 5.1 or 7.1 speaker set-up.

Are you in the US?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us