Speakers to go with Christmas present Onkyo 601

John W
Unregistered guest
I received an Onkyo 601 as a present, but I need to buy speakers. I think I will start with only two, and ramp up to 5.1 next year. Any recommendations? I am looking to spend approx $500 for the pair. (The speakers need to be reasonably small bookshelf, no floor speakers.)

Anonymous

A little beyond the budget, but take a listen to the Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro. You can get the satellite sub combo, and then add additional channels later. Last I checked, which was a while a go, you could get two micros and a passive sub for $699, same as a Bose system, only far more musical. They were supposed to come out with an active sub early this year.

Have a high wife acceptance factor, and sounded pretty good, though the local dealer here stopped carrying them. I suppose that is a bad sign, but all the reviews I have read have been very positive.

MK
Unregistered guest
Maybe a pair of B&W 600s. Less than $400.

Username: Lamazion

Post Number: 4
I just finished shopping in this price range. The two I realy liked were Boston Acoustics CR85, or Energy C1. Also, if you can find them, Tweeter has been closing out the Boston VR950 for $350 a pair. These are great speakers that originally went for $700 a pair. However, they are towers.

I went with the CR85s.

Username: Johnny

Post Number: 31
I might be a little late on this one, but I had an Onkyo paired with Polk speakers and they sounded wonderful. Polk can be found at any Circuit City...which also carries Onkyo...so it should be easy to listen to them together.

John W
Unregistered guest
You're no too late. I will not be making speaker purchase for a few more weeks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us