Jbl hls 820 replacement tweeters...please help!!!

help
Unregistered guest
My friend just got new speakers and gave me his old JBL HLS820's. Only problem is that th e tweeters are blown on both of them. This seems to be a typical problem for the HLS series speakers, but have read that people have bought replacement tweeters and that they work fine. One person said they got replacements from JBL for $20 for both including shipping. I have found that JBL now wants to charge $32 each plus shipping. Since I got the speakers for free I dont mind paying that, I just would rather not pay that much. Anyone know of any non-JBL replacements or anywhere where I can get the JBL replacements for cheaper? The tweeters are 10mm polycarbonate domes. But they are mounted behind a horn so I imagine not just any 10mm dome tweeter will fit properly. Anyone have any ideas?

Username: Edison

Post Number: 247
Contact a JBL dealer, or their web sight.

Unregistered guest
I bought a pair of Northridge series tower speakers and they've worked just fine until recently one of the tweeters has blown out and its really annoying. Could you possibly email me a website were I could purchase a 3/4"Titanium-laminate dome,shielded, I would appreciate it very much. Thank you

Jason Ames
Unregistered guest
Yo guys, I'm the latest sucker for the TR-2800's. Way overpaid to two guys in a white van in Boston. Bas*ards! I'm sure they check this site regularly hahahahaha. I'll be sure to keep them away from my TV, muchos gracias to all those who have posted warnings!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us