Receiver Dilemma

MG
Unregistered guest
Does anyone have an opinion on which of the following receivers to pick:

Denon AVR3803
Pioneer VSX-53TX
Marantz SR7400
Yamaha RX-V2400

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - MG.......

Username: Gdawg

Post Number: 10
All are great receivers, but what speakers you own, and what you will use the receiver for is important. I need more info to make an educated "guess" at what the best receiver will be.

That also of course should be dependant upon you, what you really want from the reciever(Music, HT). Try to try out all or atleast some of the receivers above.

Username: Golfadkt

Post Number: 2
what would be the best receiver for Paradigm peformance esprits, atoms as surrounds , cc 170 center, and pdr10 sub? Any help will be so appreciated I dont know what to buy , can spend $500-600. Please advise!!

Post Number: 15
Karen,

Nice set of speakers you got there:-)
I would say a Yamaha RX-V740 would push those speakers well. What will you be using the receiver for?

Username: Golfadkt

Post Number: 3
mostly dvd movies, and certainly some music Have been looking seriously at the Marantz 5300 discounted nicely now that a new series has been released. What do you think of this? Thanks for responding.

imtooparanoid
Unregistered guest
Karen,

Thanks to all the advice I got from this forum, I went out and bought a Marantz 5300 on Monday(instead of the Yamaha I was looking at). When I heard it in the showroom through PSB's, it sounded great. When I got it home and hooked up my Paradigm's (Monitor 7's, Titan's, CC-350 & PDR-10)it sounded even better! I can't recommend this receiver enough. I got it for a great price and this combo delivers 90% of the sound quality of my friends Bryston/B&W setup for 1/3 the money!

MGG
Unregistered guest
Update to: Does anyone have an opinion on which of the following receivers to pick:

Denon AVR3803
Pioneer VSX-53TX
Marantz SR7400
Yamaha RX-V2400

I am looking at Definitive Technology BP2004TL & C/L/R 2002 & BPVX speakers. The system will be used mostly for movies.
Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - MG.......

Post Number: 17
MGG,
Go for the Elite, while the Marantz would also be a good choice, it is made more for music and you will get more out of the 53TX.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us