OK so I order a NAD 773 about 3 weeks ago

Bronze Member
Username: Lesterlyles

Post Number: 37
The guy at my retailer says 10 days to get there. In the meantime, I recall reading posts here about NAD issues and new odels being released by NAD (maybe w/ software??) that have corrected past problems.

During this time, I keep calling my retailer after 10 days that keeps saying is not in, its not in. While I am frustrated that its not in, I start thiniing that mine will be one of these new ones. I call today and he says NAD has a "Version 2" of the 773 and no longer version 1.
They ordred the version 2 today.

My question for you NAD experts. What is this version 2?? Like I said , I seem to recall the psost referring to this. Is it simply new software. Are the quality issues addressed. I must say,while I didn't intend to wait a month for this thing, the prospect of getting an updated version is nice. Please help!!

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 411
I think when you say version 2, I think people are referring to a new software upgrade for at least some of the NAD 7x3 models that give them Dolby Pro Logic IIx capabilities. Pro Logic IIx allows you to take a stereo source and make it 6.1 or 7.1 sound (whereas "regular" Pro Logic II is only 5.1). So, if you don't have 6.1 or 7.1, I doubt you would miss it.

Bronze Member
Username: Lesterlyles

Post Number: 38
In looking back at some of the posts, I believe the software upgrade takes care of at least some of the problems the receivers were having but most likely not all. Either way, i guess I don't mind waiting an extra two weeks to get the receiver with the upgrade.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 677
Here's info of the T773v2 in swedish:
http://www.hifiklubben.se/iz.asp?id=3|p|158|158|5351|pdetail

Bronze Member
Username: Gatt767

Malta

Post Number: 74
Landroval how can I translate to English?

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 703
Uh, I dont know. Altavista Babelfish dont support Swedish so that wont help.

The most interesting things are of course the v2-upgrade, everything else is just T773 marketing speech. The upgrades are sacrifice of HDCD for PL2x support, better OSD menus, better zone2, new ability to use a sub in stereo even if you have set your speakers to 'large', RDS info on OSD, free naming of input sources and some presets for different speaker configurations.

Bronze Member
Username: Xvoid

Post Number: 17
Robert, I had to wait at least 3 weeks to get my T763. It ended up being a v2.03 unit.

However, after nearly 4 weeks of use, I've taken it back due to experiencing the following problems:

o Cooling fans are rattling very loudly - they always did from the word go but now they are faulty and you can hear them from a couple of metres away.

o Intermittent pop/"click" through speakers when switching the unit on, even with all inputs devices off.

o Questioning the high level of noise coming from the speakers, regardless of the volume, even with analog input switched off.

o Very occassional truncation of the first 1/2 second of a CD track via digital input.

Yes, we've heard them all before but even though I love the sound of this a/v receiver, I am very unhappy with the above stuff - the fan noise was ridiculous.

They offered me a replacement unit at the shop but even though the unit had a later serial number, it was an earlier firmware version!

I'm waiting to see what happens of this mess.

Bronze Member
Username: Ilari72

Post Number: 19
Robert,
for translation, check out this site:
http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTran.cgi
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us