Help me choose a great monitor!

Username: Dopaman

Post Number: 1
Hi everybody! Newbie here. Just entered the realm of real hifi audio ( i spent 10 years listening to bose so far..i know ). Anyway, I bought some used amp/preamp off the internet, and now looking to buy some speakers. I decided that minimonitors would be ideal for me because I will be setting up in a small living room. I listen to 75% classical, 15% jazz, 10 % vocal. With regards to classical music, I listen to alot of period instrument ensembles and chamber music. Like I said, I bought a Krell kav 250p/Krell kav150a for pre/power amp setup, and have narrowed my speaker selections to the following ( based on reviews on the internet):

B&W Nautilus 805
Sonus Faber Concerto
Reference 3a Dulcet/?DeCapo
Green Mountain Europa

The only set I listened to was the Sonus Faber, and it sounded very good. Couldn't find any local dealer with the other sets. So which one would you recommend to go along with the krells? Any other choices? Please assist this newbie audiophile enter the realm of great music! :-) Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 669
I suggest you add the Limited Edition Focal.JMlab Electra 907 Be to your list. I was a clearly better speaker than the 805 (or even 805 Signature), and I think it will well suit your needs. Another good choice is the Revel Perfoma M20 and probably also the new M22.

Silver Member
Username: Rick_b

New York USA

Post Number: 456
Spendor S3/5..........do yourself a favor.....give them a listen.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us