POLK vs INFINITY

Username: Vjb

Post Number: 1
Hey guys,
I'm new to this site but I like what I have read so far. I just wanted to get an third party opinon about a set of Floor standing speakers. I'm in between the Polk Monitor 70 set and the Infinity Beta 50's. Both I like very much but I can't decide. With polk I have more choice to pair up later on. With Infinity I like the sound and the highs are extreemly clear but I also like the warm sound of the polks. I am matching this up to my HK AVR230. Please anyone let me know what they think. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 88
Speakers sound different dependant on the listener, I am new to this HI-FI world as well. However, in talking to some seemingly very knowledgable people on this forum along with extensive internet research I decided upon Wharfedale Diamond series speakers. They fit the profile for me, that is cheap and sound good. I was also considering the speakers you are asking about along with Athena Asf2's. I liked the Athenas better than the ones you mentioned, however I could not ignore all the positive reviews that Wharfedale speakers have received over the years.
Eventually I put aside my concern of not being able to demo the Wharfedales and took the plung. I must say this was one of the better decisions I have made. They were not only cheap ($550 for the fronts, surrounds, and center) but they offer an incredible sound for the money.
Wharfedales are a British speaker company that has been around for quite some time. Check out the reviews online by searching "wharfedale diamond 8.3" or you can check out this months edition of What Hi-Fi Magazine which gave them a 5 star and best buy rating for speakers under 550 British pounds. Pretty convincing but listening is the real way to go. Good Luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us