Best 5.1 for $1500

Unregistered guest
What 5.1 combo of speakers do you recommend for a budget o $1500?

I was thinking Polk but reading the posts, I don't see anyone using them.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 641
4x Dynaudio 42 + 42c or 4x Quad 11L + LCenter.

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesp

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 45
Dynaudio 42 =$800 US
Dynaudio 42W= $900 US
Dynaudio 42C= $450 US

Silver Member

Post Number: 646
Also 5xEpos M5 or 4xEpos M5 and M8 Center. 5xTannoy Sensys 1 or DC1.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 642
You can't get a 5.1 Dynaudio setup for $1500. On your other post at the receiver section you said you wanted a $500 receiver for your Polk setup. I guess I'm wondering what you really want to do. What Polks do you currently have? There is nothing at all wrong with Polks if paired with the right receiver like the Marantz 5400 as I said on the other post. I used to have a pair of Polk RT25's in my kitchen and I regret letting a friend buy them to fill out his Polk system. For the money they were fantastic.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1452
how about these?
http://www.axiomaudio.com/epicgrandmaster.html

or the Ascend Acoustics
Front - CMT-340
Center - CMT 340
Surrounds- CBM 170
Sub - HSU STF - 2 all for $1468 plus shipping.

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesp

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 46
therealelitefan - landroval suggested the Dyn setup but I guess he was not sure of the cost.

Silver Member

Post Number: 647
Yeah, I have no idea what you people pay for anything. Here receivers are much more expensive than your prices in US, but speakers (european) seem to be around the same or even lower. I could get 4x42+42C with four good stands for around 1600 euros, but at the same dealer a Marantz SR5400 costs 899 euro.

Bronze Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 96
There is also the possibility of Acoustic Energy Evo 3B in that price range, I see they have received numerous great reviews. Aspherion Audio Intimus 5.1 got a good review on this site recently. The other package that comes to mind would be the Monitor Audio Bronze series

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
Wharfedale Pacific Cinema 40 would be well within this price range at 499 British Pounds and would leave room for a real nice receiver too if you are needing this as "therealelitefan" pointed out earlier

Bronze Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 52
Here's a few options that come in at around that price in the UK:

Sub/Sat - Elac Cinema 3 system, much better than the KEF KHT2005II.

Acoustic Energy EVO3 fronts, Aegis Centre, EVO1 rears, REL Quake or MJ Acoustics 50 Pro sub

focal jmlab Chorus 714S, CC70S centre, 705S rears, you might have to add the sub later.

B&W 602.5 front & rear, LCR60 centre, add a sub later (not a B&W - choose a REL Quake e.g.) If no space at the back for floorstanders, go for 600's at the back and upgrade the 602.5s at the front to 603s.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member

Post Number: 679
Hi Frank, the Elac Cinema 3 is ok, but I would not say it's much better than the KEF, if at all. Although with $1500 I would buy neither.

I like the JMLabs a lot. Although I would rather get 4x706S, CC700S and use the leftover money to buy a sub like Velodyne CHT-10 or REL Quake2.

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
check this listing out. this would complete your 5.1 requirement

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32861%26item%3D5720068975 %26

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us