More than NAD

Unregistered guest
Ya know, there is more out there than NAD. You have Rotels, Creeks, Arcams, Jolidas, McCormacks, Acurus, countless others (feel free to add to the list). Many are same price or not that much more expensive - especially when you consider a stereo is something many use every day, and availability of good equipment through Audiogon and other second-hand sources.

The sound may be great, but just speaking as a consumer, I find the constantly justified complaints on quality issues of NAD to be absolutely horrid. And I mean downright shameful. Even if I loved the sound of an NAD, I'd refuse simply because as a company they have a serious need to get their sh*t together. And to purchase their equipment inspite of that enables them to continue producing without addressing this issue.

I know other threads have addressed this in part, and I'll take a good blasting for this, but for god's sake, there are other amps and integrateds out there. Many people don't care to do the swapping thing. That being the case, do it once, do it right, and explore the options out there (ie. other products than NAD) before buying...

With Respect,

Marc

Bronze Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 47
Did the bread fall butter side down this morning???

Bronze Member
Username: Danman

Post Number: 75
I find this amusing! I know many people that buy NAD left and right and you know what? NO PROBLEMS! Stop over reading internet stuff! Go with your own judgement!

Do you work for ARCAM? I had a friend that owned one and it blew a channel! I guess that makes them crap!!!! Get over it!

Bronze Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 43
Hello Marc,

Most NAD owners have no problems with it and enjoy their systems for years. In my experience as a part-time retailer who sells/has sold in the past Pioneer, Marantz, NAD, Denon, Rotel, Onkyo, and many higher end products, I can tell you that NAD rates more highly than most in terms of reliability and overall customer satisfaction, and of course no dealer would back a product which caused him hassle in the form of disgruntled customers!

In terms of music reproduction, I find that NAD and Rotel are the only two Japanese sourced makes that consistently produce 'musical' equipment. Other makes have had their shining examples in the past, but none have been so consistent in my view. I guess that since the NAD is almost unique in its musical presentation, then any minor issue - however minor - is thrown into sharper relief than if the general performance were simply bland, like many of the presentations out there at this price.

I think you should take this forum's views as what they are - views. Bear them in mind as a warning. If you wish to make an assessment, then if your dealer offers NAD as an option, give it a chance. It may just surprise you.

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1472
I agree many companies get bad press on internet sites.

having said that i've seen a lot of disgruntled nads lately!

Anonymous

Dear Marc C:
If u don't like NAD, ok, but i like NAD, a lot of people likes NAD... is cheap & good sound... maybe the only one weakness is the look...
Regards

Marc C
Unregistered guest
Well, if they're not that bad, good. Because people say they have great sound, they are well-priced, and pack good power. How good is their warranty service? Kidding...

DMan,

If I'm talking smack about NAD, I must work for Arcam...

ABC
Unregistered guest
I own a Nad 541i cd player for 7 months now and no problems here..Would I by again, sure why not

Username: Vominhtan74

Can Tho, Can Tho Viet Nam

Post Number: 1
Hi Marc C
I have heard many kind of amply such as Denon, Harman kardon, Nad, Bose ... I think each of them is different.
Nad is very good at mid and low range.
How about your system?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us