Need help finishing off a powerful ROCK system

Unregistered guest
I need some help here. I already have a Kenwood VR-606 receiver (which sounds great thus far). I also have a pair of KLH 9912 floor speakers (12" Polymer Woofer, 5-1/4" Liquid Cooled Dome, 7/8" Liquid Cooled Dome Tweeter, 10 - 250 watts).

Now, I am looking to add surround sound to the mix. I don't want surround sound for movies. I want it so I can hear the band surround my a$$... I want my room to sound like a damn home studio (without spending thousands...) There has to be a set of surround sound speakers that just blow you away and don't break the bank.

If you know of anything like this, let me know.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1413
Why not stick with the KLH and use the same towers as your fronts, then set your Kenwood to Circle Surround? You'll be amazed how a setup like this can sound!!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1414
I meant, use the same model of towers for the surround speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 29
Home studio? Do you mean a studio? If so, you want one set of small monitor speakers at the front and that's it! That's what professional studios use. In certain situations they'll also use larger speakers with mammoth amps. They understand that speakers are hard to drive and so need amps of a much higher rating than the speakers in order to control them properly.

If you want something else, then go ahead with your current thoughts.

regards,
Frank.

Unregistered guest
Ok... The idea of using another set of KLH speakers is cool... what if I wanted to get smaller speakers to handle the surround sound? Do you have any suggestions for a good, clean studio speaker or just a killer bookshelf combo?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us