Which speakers: MA Bronze B6, PSB Image 6T, AE Evo 3, and B&W 603 ?

Username: Look4sun

Post Number: 4
Anyone have experience with these speakers:
1. Monitor Audio Bronze B6
2. PSB Image 6T
3. Acoustic Energy Evo 3
4. B&W DM 603

I know from the price comparison, they doesn't have same level. But I just want to know their sound comparison. I would appreciate if you can give your experience in hearing for that speakers.
Oh yes, mine receiver is Yamaha RXV2400 and I think it should hv no trouble to drive that speakers. Thanks alot.....

Bronze Member
Username: Bobby29

Post Number: 45
With the Yamaha, I would go with either the Acoustic Energys or the PSB's. I demo'd the AE's a month ago, and really liked them a lot. Great build quality and a great soundstage. Lots o' midrange. One thing to consider - the PSB 6T's are extremely deep - a whopping 20". I think the AE's are only like 10" deep.

Post Number: 6
Thanks Rob, yeah for the first think, I would go AE Evo rather than the MA Bronze B6, but I noted that AE recently is made in Malaysia and not UK anymore.
About the sound, some says that AE maybe too bright.
I'll test the PSB 6T on my local dealer then...

Bronze Member
Username: Bobby29

Post Number: 46
I definitly would not describe the Acoustic Energys as bright. I actually was about to buy them until I got a pretty good deal on a pair of Monitor Audio Silver S6's, which are in a slightly different price range.

I though the AE's were a fantastic speaker for the price of $699.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 629
Yamaha and MA would not be a good combination and I would go with the PSB's on your list but think you should give Paradigm's a listen.

Bronze Member
Username: Falp

Post Number: 83
No metal tweeters with Yamaha.

Add the AElite Two/Three and Keq Q4/Q5 to your list...

Post Number: 8
The therealelitefan, may I ask the reason why Yamaha and MA would not the good match ? Is it possible the sound too rough ?
They said the character of Yamaha 2400 is rough but strong in surround, therefore it should be match with UK/USA made speaker - soft speaker.
About the Paradigm, I noted that the Paradigm MOnitor series doesn't have 3 way - 3 way only in high price series i.e the Reference series. Of course the price, hard to afford it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Added to my list is the Paradigm Monitor 7. Please help me to choose to match with my Yamaha RX V2400.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us