NAD AV-716

jfhamel
Unregistered guest
I have had this receiver since 1996, last week my front display stopped working, the receiver still works perfectly

Can anyone help me

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1402
more than likely the display has burned out and needs to be replaced by a
qualified tech but!

you can open it up and look for fuses.
I dought something that new uses bulbs anymore, you
might want to double check though.

Suddenly Silent
Unregistered guest
Jfhamel, did you ever fix your problem with your NAD AV-716 receiver? I seem to be having the same problem. Thanks.

MikeyD
Unregistered guest
I have a NAD 705 receiver which is only slightly older and does use lamps to backlight the LCD display. My display has yet to die, but I am constantly reading comments from others who have the same problem. Here's a link to replacing with LED's:
http://www.2005dauphin.org/content.php?article.5

Unregistered guest
I just have the same problem today with my nad-av716. How do you fix this?

Paal
Unregistered guest
I have the same problem on my NAD AV716, and it started for 6 month's ago. This is also a 1996, is it a limited life time on the display?

Unregistered guest
I just got my NAD AV716 back from repair shop. Symptoms were no display for about a week , then nothin. Culprits were 2 * drive IC , ( no results , i presume ) and 0,047 FARAD / 5.5volts, disc capacitor - probably the no-display problem... parts were attached to amp without details ...

pinucsa
Unregistered guest
Anyone have a fix for this or tried the LED fix from the link?

Paal
Unregistered guest
I got my NAD AV716 back from repair shop yesterday, and the cause of the display problem was a burned resistor in the power supply for the display.
I'm not a expert in this, so dont ask me about place and value of the resistor.
The resistor costed 1,50 EURO, and total cost with labour 78 EURO....

Unregistered guest
Just a question. I typed in "NAD AV-716" on google to find out how much my receiver is worth and this is the first place that popped up. Maybe you guys can help me. It's in perfect condition and I don't know if I should get rid of it or hold onto it for my future setup. It was left to me when my uncle passed away. Any help on determining its value would be appreciated.

Unregistered guest
Hi ive had my AV-716 6 or 7 years and it works perfectly. david i wouldnt sell it, they are very good amp and sound really nice for music or movies. keep it should last forever Nad seem too :-)

Silver Member
Username: Varney

BirminghamEngland, UK

Post Number: 220
It might even be collectible some day. The 3020 integrated amps certainly are already. Seems a shame to get rid of it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us