Help NEEDED from Hawk and others.

Username: Owortman

Post Number: 3
I have been reading all the posts here for quite a while and am just about ready to pull the trigger on my first real system purchase. I have narrowed down my options and am looking for some advice. Any comments are appreciated as I am looking to do this relatively soon.

Reciever options: Yamaha Rxv-2400, denon-avr3803, h/k avr-7200

For speakers I would like to get the flat panel speakers that would match my plasma which is already on the wall.

What I would like to get is either the paradigm on-wall monitor 5 series for fronts with the on-wall cc-370 for center with 2 cinema ADP rears and a PS-1000 sub. I have also researched the def tech's which are comparable.

Thanks

Username: Edison

Post Number: 134
Try to hear these b4 buying - I think they sound better.

Onkyo TX-SR 800 - won rceiver of the year award from a Hifi magazine.

Panasonic sa-xr45 Bestbuy and goodguys

This is a new technology digital amplification - some audiophiles think it is a steal. Sounds non-fatiguing, clean, smooth, with a great bass. Not very powerful though.

Only $300 shipped on line.

Username: Owortman

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the response. I have listened to the panasonic you mention at bestbuy and do not think these new digital recievers are quite ready for primetime.

Also, have had a previously bad experience with Onkyo so even though many folks here would swear by them I will shy away. Still looking for comments/advice on the items i mentioned above.

Thanks

Anonymous

I have a HK 325 reciever (similar to the 7200 but lower power ratings) and love this!

For flat mount speakers, especially if you go the HK reciever (which is laid back and warm) you should go and try the NHT L5's. They are a wall mountable version the well regarded NHT M5's, and mount flat against the wall. THey are a true three way speaker, and cen be used for fronts/centers and rears also.

I heard them at a local Anderson's store (here in the SF Bay Area) and they are really nice and precise with good base response (although I would also probably consider a sub as well).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us