Help me choose receiver and matching speakers!!

Anonymous

Hi. I am new in this field. I have listened to various floor standing speakers so far (Paradigm, KEF, Def Tech, Klipsch, Monitor Audio etc.) I have narrowed down to the following floor standing speakers in two different price ranges. Eventually I want to add matching surround, center and sub to create home theater, but I am a music lover more than a movie lover.

@ $700
Paradigm Monitor 7
Klipsch SF-2

@1500
Paradigm Stuidio 60
Def Tech Mythos One

Someone recommended B&W DM603-S3 in the $1000/pair price range (I have to listen to these yet).

For the receivers, based on the features and price range of @ $799 I have narrowed down to:

Yamaha RX-V1400
Onkyo TX-SR701
Denon AVR-2803 (Very few inputs though)

Can the experts recommend any specific combination of speaker and receiver in these selections? Any additional brands to consider in the same price ranges? Because of the store's specific arrangements, I couldn't really connect all the speakers I liked with one receiver. The store owner agreed to do this if I can narrow down my combinations further.

What do you think of the selections so far?

Username: Edison

Post Number: 136
NAD receivers will beat them - take it from the pros :

http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/buyersguide_list.asp?category=AMP&subcategory=MULTI

This place has good prices. Check out their combo deals too.

https://dmc-electronics.com/Default.htm

PSB speakers are nice too.

Paradigms are good too - I would go with studio7. You should match the quality of all of your components inorder not to waste money.

I would try to hear NAD - you can goto their websight and see if a dealer is near you.

I think you will like it better.

Anonymous

Thanks James. I did listen to PSB speakers, but somehow liked others better. In one of the discussions on this site I have seen people complaining about the quality of NAD receivers (not the sound quality but some equipment issues) so I didn't consider that. You mentioned Studio7. I couldn't find anything like that. Did you mean Monitor 7?

Anonymous

I would really like to listen comments from elitefan, Hawk and other people with similar knowledge and experience.

I ready some other posts here that said Yamaha has lesser power. Is it still true with RX-V1400? How would that receiver go with Paradigm Studio 60? Any other receiver to try with these speakers? At the lower range what's recommended for Monitor 7?

Ken Ho
Unregistered guest
I recently replaced my ONKYO-525 with a Onkyo TX-SR701, I have a set of Bose surround sound and a center speaker at 80 watt/chanel, the 2 main speakers are Infinity SM-122, 200 watts. I would like to replace the surround speakers but don't have any idea of what to choose, if anyone have an idea, please help, Thanks.

Username: Paul_t

Post Number: 40
I have NAD T752 with Paradigm Studio V3's and it is a great match. Never listened to your other setup so can only give opinion on the NAD/Paradigm setup..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us