Volume ok with tuner, very low with TV or DVD

Username: Realtordeb

Post Number: 1
I bought my husband the Sony STR-DE695 for Christmas (now wishing I hadn't). The volume is plenty loud enough when playing the tuner, but when you switch it to TV or DVD, the volume is VERY low. Maximum is 75, and it must be turned up to 50-60 just to watch a movie. If a button was accidently pressed & the receiver switched over to a radio station, it would blow you away. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Username: Edison

Post Number: 137
On your tv menu, there probably is a speaker on/off function. Experiment with different settings and you probably will get in working to your satisfaction.

If not, you will get used to it in time - no big problem.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 138
I think this one sounds a lot better for the same money - perhaps you want to return it.

Panasonic sa-xr45:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/handr-deals/30044.html

You will be happy with this. Looks better too - slim and sophisticated.

Anonymous

If it is like my Denon, you can set different sound levels on each source by bumping up the decible levels going to each speaker. I have evened mine out for all sources and it works quite nicely now. Even bumped the center channel up for watching dvd movies so you can hear the dialogue easily now. Used a sound level meter also to even out the fronts and the surrounds.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us