Marantz vs Yamaha

Username: Nolema

PerthAustralia

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone,
I'm thiking of getting either the Marantz SR8300 or the Yamaha RX-V2400. Does anybody have any comments on them? Thks a lot...

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 600
Mark,

What speakers do you have? The Marantz is a slightly warmer sounding receiver and the Yamaha's can be quite bright or thin sounding (though the RX-V2400 is much better than the predeccor's), so you'll need speakers that will go well with your choice.

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 601
Sorry about that spelling - should be predecessors!

Username: Nolema

PerthAustralia

Post Number: 2
thanks very Myrantz.... I've decided to go with the RX-V2400 & it's matching up relatively well with my set of 5 Canton Ergo speakers. However, i'm kinda missing the multi-room capability of the SR8300

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 681
Did you listen to both? Because for me it's kinda hard to suggest the 2400 over the 8300. The difference in sound quality is still like night and day.

mattburkl
Unregistered guest
I owned a 2300, and now own the 8400. The marantz is definately better for music, and they were bothe good for movies. I would take the marantz any day over yamaha.

Bronze Member
Username: Sound_advice

Post Number: 29
Same Here, 10 times out of ten, i'd pick the marantz...if features are a must then maybe the yami but you'd regret your choice 99% of the time when you're listening to Dolby Digital or DTS...If I were you, I would listen to both then decide, all we can give you is our opinion which in this case doesn't seem to help you much

Bronze Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 66
The Yamaha is feature laden and has very good sound...but, does not sound quite as good (full and detailed) as many other recievers in the same price range.

There is much to like about the 2400 or even the 1400, but most of this has to do with the great features that have been included and not necessarily the sound, especially for two channel music.

Anonymous

i have comcast digital cable is there any way i can get hd without going thru comcast

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 426
Anon,

I think you might want to ask your question in another forum...this one deals with a/v receivers, not HDTV. Try this forum. https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/2.html

You can always get satellite instead of cable. That is the only other way I know of to get HDTV. Both Dish Network and DirecTV both offer HD services.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us