Advice - Receiver to mate with B&W cdm Speakers

Username: Jthomp27

Post Number: 1
I have B&W CDM 1NT's and CNT and am in the market for a new receiver. I am strongly considering the Pioneer 55txi, NAD T763, Rotel 1055, and Denon 3803. I have not ruled out going with Outlaw audio for a pre-pro combination, but I am afraid that the Outlaw preamp is a little outdated.

Does anyone have any advice? I have a Pioneer 45A DVD player that I use for listening to SACD/DVD-Audio's, so bass management is a must. I am not as concerned with video upconversion and video inputs.

Please help!

Thanks,
JT

Username: Skipk

Post Number: 4
I have been looking for a similar match (cdm 9nt). While I have not yet decided, I have narrowed it down to the 763 or 1055 (though, Rotel is about to introduce a successor to the 1055 early next month). My focus has been geared more towards sound quality and less toward features.

IMO, the Elite, while really nice, is bit to warm for the B&Ws and do not make for a great match.

To me, the Denon was simply no match for the Rotel or NAD. It sounded almost hollow by comparison. Not to bash the Denon, but I was kind of dissapointed and really expected more. Not a bad unit, but -- sound wise, at least, -- was not up to par.

The Rotel vs. Nad is a bit tougher. To make things more difficult, I haven't been able to listen to them side by side. That said, I am leaning ever so slightly towards the Rotel. The NAD seems like a slightly better value (a little more power for the $), though it is a slight touch warmer than the Rotel, which I don't like as much for the B&Ws. The Rotel really makes the highs sing on the B&Ws.

Definately go listen and report back. Rest assureed, all of these are nice units, so you really can't go wrong.

Good luck and let us know how your search goes.

Anonymous

Skip K:
Which B&Ws are you using? I am thinking of buying 603 S3 and match it with LCR600 as center and 601s in the rears. I am going back and forth between NAD and Rotel too. Same reasoning. Rotel seems to be expensive, but I haven't been able to listen to B&Ws with NAD anywhere nearby.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us