2ch Power amp, Will it affect the rest of the 7.1 ???

DanielDanielDaniel
Unregistered guest
Hi Everyone, I've been reading around, but didn't find the answer to this ... I have Paradigm Studio 100's as front HT spaekers... They need alot of power ro play... If i buy a Anthem MCA20 (225wpc), does that mean that my front will play louder than my other surround speakers ??? I have a Marantz Sr7400 Receiver (105wpc) ???

Basicly, i'm asking if my 100's will play better without playing louder than all my speakers around !!!

Thanks Guys !!!
Dan

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1275
yes, it will be more efficient but not necessarily louder. You still have to calibrate your system, so loudness shouldn't be an issue.

DanielDanielDaniel
Unregistered guest
Thank you Berny, Really apprciated .. so if i understand well, let's say i put the volume at 20%, they'll all play at the same level, except that the front will have a more "Complete" sound ???

Dan

Gold Member

Post Number: 1277
you've got it.
I tried that set-up before, using a 2 channel NAD power amp on a newer 5.1 channel receiver. The speakers sounded better and the receiver did not even get warm as opposed to without the power amp. I recalibrated the receiver and balanced the speakers all around and the results were excellent.

DanielDanielDaniel
Unregistered guest
Thats Is AMazing Berby ... Thank you very much !!!! Have yourself a good day !!!
Dan !!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1286
You're welcome:-) Enjoy!

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1393
i know berny's got it covered but i have to back up his recomendation.

as i've done the same thing. and like he said it will
take a lot of stress off the reciever.

Username: Spl

Post Number: 9
Hi Guys,

Could you share with us what kind of improvement you got from adding a 2 channel amp to your receivers?

Our local dealer has a NAD sale and I could get the NAD C252 stereo amp for a good price. I just don't know if it will truly improve what I already here from my Marantz SR7200 and Dynaudio Audience 52 setup.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1391
Get it now...don't wait:-)
Anyway, what I have done is set up 2 Outlaw Audio monoblocks to my receiver's 2 front speakers. The receiver was running noticably cooler and I could crank it up with the receiver having any hiccups.
After that I got a 7 channel Outlaw Audio 7100 power amp. The difference is night and day. It sounds more refined and better clarity throughout the range. Wheww!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us