Infinity, Harmon Kardon, or JBL??

Username: Jake03

Post Number: 1
I am ready to buy a new speaker set to be used with my new Yamaha reciever. I have narrowed it down to these. Not considering price, which would you choose based on sound and quality, mainly for movie listening. Thanks for your input.

Infinity Entra One
Harmon Kardon HKTS 12
JBL SCS160S1

Blah
Unregistered guest
Wow a yamaha huh? Thats good. Anyways, try your best to match the rms rating on the speakers to your receiver. JBL makes good home subwoofers, but I would personally go Infinity for towers.

Username: Allenw

Post Number: 2
fwiw, I run a yamaha 1400 with the JBL S38 front and rear with a JBL S series Center.
Sound spretty good to us and when the SVS sub gets here the system should be complete.

Al

Username: Edison

Post Number: 145
I would recommend Athena at Bestbuy. They have a 5 inch bookshelf that sounds the best of the Athenas. Mate it with a sony sub sa-wm200 (only $74 www.etronics.com), and the yamaha will sing!

Had me dancing for an hour - will be good for exercise - made me so happy I didn't know how tired I was. It was mesmerising. Athenas were selected as the best value under $200 by pros.

The highs are not as lively as a Klipsch, but the sound was clearer and more fun.

These sound much better than your choices to me. If you want to later go surround, you can add 2 more of the same bookshelves, and a center from Athena all at Bestbuy sight - save on tax by buying online.

For less than $300, you will be dancing with joy. I am getting them myself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us