Help Setting up Receiver with DVD Player & VCR

Username: Bcady

New Haven, CT USA

Post Number: 1
I am using a Technics AV Control Stereo Receiver SA-GX330, and am trying to run my DVD Player (RCA), my VCR (Quasar) and my Gamecube into it. I am using an RCA splitter to get all of these items into the reciever but nothing is working. Here's what I've done so far:

1. I ran RCA cables from each of these devices into the splitter.

2. I ran an RCA cable from the splitter's output into the input of the Stereo Receiver.

3. Than I ran another RCA cable from the Receiver's output to the TV.

Now when I tried to play a DVD nothing come up n the TV. I have it set on TV/Video, and I have tried every configuration on the Receiver I can think of. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am tearing my hair out!

- Ben

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1240
Are you using a switch or a splitter? Big difference, as a splitter will not be able to carry all different signals from multiple sources at the same time. A switch will work by changing sources 1 at a time and inputting them into 1 equipment.
If you are using a switch, you should have multiple sources like the DVD player, VCR and gamecube into one. The video sources should only be one kind, s-video or composite, and never a combination of both. The video out from the switch should go directly to the tv's video input.
The Audio signals should also be of the same kind and not to be mixed, i.e, digital surround and analog left/right stereo.
Next set up the DVD player to output stereo analog output and turn off the digital output.

Let me know what happens.

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1369
also doesn't your reciever have inputs for the video so you don't
need a switcher.
the more steps you run your signal through the more you downgarde it.

by the time your dvd gets to the tv it's probably not a very good signal.

i usually run the dvd straight to the tv.
while putting the vcr and game system on the reciever.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us