DefTech: ProCinema or StudioCinema?

Chris W.
Unregistered guest
Hi all,

After reading a horde of positive reviews and a good listening session at a local retailer, I'm going with DefTechs for my new HT setup. My family room is about 14' wide by 29' long, 8' ceilings, open on the backside to a kitchen with vaulted ceilings. I was considering the ProCinema 100 (or 200) series, when the salesperson mentioned a special price they are running on the StudioCinema 350 series. I can get that set for $100 less (w/o sub) than the ProCinema 100 set (w/o sub). I know higher price doesn't always equal better performance, so I don't know if I should jump on the StudioCinema deal. Thoughts? And while you're at it, which sub would you pick for my room size? (of the DefTech offerings). Speakers will be mated to either the Yamaha RX-V1400 or RX-V2400.

Thanks

Username: Project6

Post Number: 44
I personally prefer the Studio Monitor series (is the studio cinema a new series???). Definitive's bookshelves sound much better than the procinema series even without the sub.

I'd take the Pro Sub 100TL or the supercube I, for the subs.

cheers

Chris W.
Unregistered guest
The StudioCinema 350 series comes with StudioMonitor 350s for the fronts, CLR 2002 for the center, and BP1.2X for the rears. I think the SuperCube II is the typical sub with this system, but I may look at HSU as well. The SuperCube may be a bit pricey for me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us