NAD T752 Power question...

Username: Paul_t

Post Number: 33
I have had my T752 for over a month now and have it pretty much tweaked to my liking, but I find when I want to listen at louder levels I have to push the volume up to between -17 to -14. That seems pretty high on the scale considering it starts at -60 and ends at +6. I have Paradigm Studio 20v3's which are smaller speakers (smallest in the Studio line),I do know they are kind of power hungry but can't imagine what I would have to turn the volume to if I had the bigger Studios. If I go use Ears or any of the dolby modes I have to go to -12 or higher to get it on the louder side and with my turntable I have to go to almost -8 for louder listening. Seems surprising to me, my old Yamaha would get really high at 11 o'clock on the volume knob although it would distort any higher so I know the NAD has much more clean power at higher levels.. A friend told me that could be normal with newer receivers for they set the volume increases differently and the old rule of thumb of 11 to 12 o'clock as max use might not apply anymore.. When listening at normal levels when the family is home I usually keep it at around -25 which is still what would have been considered almost 12 0'clock..what have you guys found??

Username: Edison

Post Number: 123
No problem - actually bigger speakers need less power, since they are more efficient.

Do you have a sub for the Paradigm? Will sound better.

Post Number: 34
James, I have a 100 watt sub connected via sub-out on NAD.. Damn so your saying smaller speakers use more power??.. Not sure if your using the NAD T752, I was wondering what others with the T752 have found in regards to my questions.

Username: Thirdeye69

Post Number: 3
I also have a 752 and have found the same thing as you have. On DVD's I listen between -7 and -10, and on CD's between -15 and -20; The only way I have found to "modify" this is to raise the channel levels. Nonetheless, the sound is still terrific!

Post Number: 35
Thirdey,
The sound is incredible I agree, I have channels levels at 12 center (use only for HT) and R/L at 10... still wondering if going to -15 is pushing the receiver too far??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us