What speakers for Marantz SR6300?

Username: Hieu_phan

Post Number: 1
I'm using Marantz SR6300 receiver and JBL N26II bookshelf for front. They sound a bit harsh to me and I'd liek to change them. Which brand should I try? I'm having a look at Infinity Alpha 40, will this do? Thanks.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 62
To tame the sound, try these:

Athena : sounds warm and fun.

http://brandnamez.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=1847&lastcatid=158&step=4&AffNo=4465813 3

Other klipsch bookshelfs are good too - has pleasant upscale tweeter - alive sophisticated sound.

Energy (can get it at goodguys web sight)

Paradigm titan (Hifi shop)

Username: Hawk

Post Number: 52
The Marantz is a very smooth sounding receiver. It is warm, but not fuzzy sounding (like some others). It is also pretty accurate, so a good speaker match would be something that is a very accurate and detailed sounding speaker.

My suggestions would therefore be something like Monitor Audio silver Series or JMlabs Cobalt Signature series of speakers.

What is your price range?

Username: Hieu_phan

Post Number: 2
Thanks Hawk and James. I live in Vietnam and there are not so many brands here. I will try JMLab as you advised. Other brands available in the market are: JBL, Infinity, Mission, Jamo, B&W, JPW, Bose, Yamaha, KEF, etc. If my price range is $300-$500/pair, which one should I choose?

Anonymous

Of the speakers you list I think the Missions would match well with your receiver. Something like the M73's or M74's should be ideal for the output of your receiver. Not sure what they cost in Vietnam though.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 90
Try JPW and KEF. I like the missions too, but not Infinity, Jamo, Bose, yamaha, JBL.

If you can't find one, check out www.audiogon.com for used stuff - sellers will ship them to you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us