Latest prices on NAD receivers.

Username: Emmitt666

Post Number: 7
I received an email from WWW.AMSOUND.COM on NAD prices: T763 for $1148, T753 for $719 and the C532 DVD for $425. I wonder what $400 more gets you beyond the T753 as far as price on the T763. Anyone have experience with this dealer?

Username: Dmeister

Post Number: 3
Mainly, with the 763 you'll get 30 W of extra power and a better power supply, an extra component video input, software upgradability, and two video tape loops.

Username: Hurls

Post Number: 1
emmitt,

is AMSOUND an authorized NAD dealer? Those prices are great (even better than the Saturday Audio prices I've seen here).....

Username: Emmitt666

Post Number: 8
According to their website they are. But just remember anyone can say that. I just ordered the T763 and the T532 cd/dcd player from them last Monday. I asked them to send me a email to confirm the prices and to verify they shipped my goodies. I'll keep you informed whether or not they're honest. A couple of other sites with decent prices are:
elegantaudiovideo.com
adnm.com
I've found out sometimes if you just email them and say "could you give me your best price on such and such", they can give you a better deal especially if you show them a cheaper price elsewhere. The key word here is "sometimes".

Unregistered guest
hey emmitt
I just got a price from amsound on an NAD T743 of $499. Seems to good to be true. Did you find out if they are an authorized dealer or not and have you received your order yet?? What does anyone else know about this system?

Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 16
I'm not going to be an early adopter for the new NAD's. Many have learned the hard way with the 7x2 series. Maybe late 2004 I'll buy one.

MAR
Unregistered guest
Just bought T743 from adnm.com. John was very helpful and seemed realistic and honest. They are listed as authorized on the NAD site.

Username: Theperfectsound

Post Number: 10
Looks like elegantaudiovideo.com is not an authorized NAD dealer.
What is the main difference between T742 and T743?
Can anyone explain the naming conventions of NAD receivers?

Username: Jaggu

Post Number: 13
Briefly putting it, heres a list of whats missing in 742 and 743 has it...

Better remote. HTR2 learning remote with Macro
A/B speaker
Tone Defeat button
On Screen Display setup
2-3 kgs heavier
4ohm
assignable inputs
2 12v triggers output, 1 12v trigger input
Component video
2 subwoofer outputs
Power button at the back

Thats what I could remember from when I compared the two few weeks back. If you look for posts made by me in these forums I have posted a link to the 743 brocuher from the NAD website.

Seems like a better buy compared to 742. For example the HTR2 remote if you buy seperatly costs around $100 USD. Correct me if I am wrong here.

Hope this helps.

Jaggu.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us