Buying a Rotel RCD-02 & a RA-02 with B&W DM602 s3, any suggestions?

Username: Bobiran

Post Number: 2
Planning to buy a Rotel RCD-02 cd player and a RA-02 integrated amp with B&W DM602 s3. The room is 5x7 meters. I wonder if this set is adequate for this large room.
By the way, how do u find this set?

Username: Gman

Post Number: 53
I presume you are in the UK or Europe. One generally doesn't find the Rotel integrated amps at 40 watts x 2 channels selling in the US. In the US most that are into medium to low powered integrated amps buy NAD, as NAD is available in many audio salons and online. Almost never find Rotel in online sales here or discounted.

I imagine that it makes a fine stereo combination as long as it isn't blasted too loud.

Probably 95% on this site are into surround sound and secondarily are concerned how the surround sound they are buying performs in stereo format.
Most don't want to buy two separate systems.

I presume you have listened to the B&W's with the Rotel integrated amp and the ability of it to play loud and clean satisfies you. Obviously you aren't going to get deep bass, but you can always buy a good self-powered subwoofer at a later date if you'd like. This could solve a couple of potential problems. One--it will give you deep clean bass and if you crossover at 80 Hz or so, it wil take enormous pressure off the Rotel amp and the B&W, as it will only have to drive the easier frequencies. This will probably allow you to play music as loud as you'd like with only the speaker being the limiting factor, where without the subwoofer it is likely the Rotel will be the limiting factor, as playing the low frequencies is what soaks up the wattage.

Username: Stez_head

Post Number: 8
rotel is one of the best brands ive ever experiensed because for amp will autimaticly detect the DB level of the pressure in the room and adjust to the right DB.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us