ONCE AND FOR ALL!!! AXIOM 22ti's VRS. ASCEND 170's -

Username: David_r

Post Number: 14
Will only those who own either product or have listened to one or the other please sound off on which is the best product. These 2 clearly are the cream of the sub $500 market for bookshelf speakers. It appears to be a dead heat amongst experts and owners. Any compelling reasons one is champ over the other?

Username: Project6

Post Number: 27
ooooh tough call...I'm partial to Axioms only because I own them. However, I have heard the Ascends and they are hard to beat. The only thing that pushed me over to the Axioms were the better staging qualities. The finish and the size also won me over.
cheers

Post Number: 24
benny:
have you heard rocket 150's?
any opinions vrs the 2 other mnetioned above?

Post Number: 58
aah, the bookshelf speakers by rocket...very niiiice and very well crafted to boot. Excellent detail and rich highs, better than the Axioms even, however, the Axioms still stage better with better midrange. Buying blind, I'd get the Rockets, but, since I've heard them I'd still go with the Axioms. Some of my friends preferred the Rockets, though, they commented on how they love the clarity.
cheers

Post Number: 26
ok Berney:
You've heard a lot of speakers I am considering:

As a favor....Rank in order of prefernce listing strength/weakness the top 5 bookshelf speakers you've listened to under $500

thanks

Post Number: 63
i would go with
Axiom M22tis...staging qualities, 3 way (well, 3 speakers) a little bright to some but perfect for me, down side, a little tall for book shelf, nice and effecient

Ascend CBM 170...great clarity and neutrality, just didn't like the way they look. A little weak on the bass.

Paradigms... great sound and excellent mids, weak bass. Not a lot of selection that I liked for under $500.

Rocket 150, looks awesome and great craftsmanship, sounds excellent, a little bright for me.

Aperion, just didn't like the looks and Energy Veritas both have excellent neutrality and staging.

The problem with these speakers is that I can't have them all so basically it boiled down to what I liked and the qualities I preferred and the money in my pocket.

Other people may rank it differently
cheers

Post Number: 31
Berny:
My gut has told me to go Axioms from the outset and you have confirmed it is more than likely the right speaker for my needs. Do they need a banana plug? What stands do you use?It seem like the 16" one they recommend on their site are a little short eh?

Post Number: 66
Eardrum,
The Axioms have a 5 way binding post, so you can use bare wire or banana plugs or spades, very versatile.
The 16" stands are great because they raise the speakers up to about ear level when you are sitting down and watching movies, ideal setting for listening. However, I use the 24" stands, like you said the 16s are a little short, but they are more stable specially with the m22s being tall for bookshelves.
hey, let us know when you get them and give us a little review.
cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us