Receivers

Username: Randall

Post Number: 4
I need to find the best receiver for my def tech. I have a pair of BP2004tl, clr 2300, and a rear pair of BP2x. I have currently have a onkyo 797 receiver and a sony dvd player w/progressive scan, but it doesn't seem to sound all that great. Need help to find best of both.

Username: Randall

Post Number: 5
I want a receiver that is first for movies and second for music. I have been looking in to marantz, nad, and rotel. As for dvd players i need to find something that really upgrades the picture. My tv is a mitsuibushi diamond series. so if anyone has any suggestions please help.

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 63
I would recommend three brands for your Def Tech's. Marantz, Elite and H/K. Look at the Marantz 7400 or 8300, the Elite 53 and 55 and the H/K 630 and for a real steal see if you can still find a close out on the H/K 7200 which has been sold for $899 at a few mail order sites. For the money the 7200 would be my first choice if it has enough inputs for your system. I have a Elite dv-45a dvd player and love it but can't say how well it might look with a RPTV like yours as I still have a 32" tv.[and will for a while yet]. Whatever you do for a dvd player I would certainly buy a universal player so also look at the new Elite vsx59txi, the Onkyo 800 , the new Yamaha and the Denon players.

Anonymous

I think the H/K 430 is also a great option, $150-200 cheaper than the 630 with nearly the same power 65wpc vs. 75wpc and only 2 lbs. lighter. IMHO, you get 90-95% of the avr630 at about 75% of the price.

I got mine for $624 shipped and I really like it. I can't turn it past -10 without it hurting my ears. Can't imagine needing more power, for now anyway...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us