Matching a Pioneer Elite VSX-55TXi $$$ no object

Username: Hard_yakka

Post Number: 3
$$$ are limited to about $2K USD.
Just unwrapping the Elite out of the box trying to research what speakers to match to this system that already has Infinity RSIIIb's as the front mains. Room size is 15x15 so I'm not to sure about a 7.1 system but definitely a 5.1.
Sales person said M&K or Boston Acoustics, I'm open and have looked at a lot of mfg's but don't believe the new Infinity's perform as well as the old ones but I maybe wrong, just the feeling I've gotten from reading reviews and postings. So with that said I've looked at Aperion, Monitor, Def Tech, (sales guy said these wouldn't match) B&W. I'd say there would be a 60/40 split movie to music useage. Thanks in advance..

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 69
Mark,
I don't know why a salesman told you that the Def Tech's wouldn't match your Elite, maybe he was trying to sell you something else. I have a Elite/Monitor system and love it. I have the Elite45 with the Monitor silver series. I would highly suggest you try to hear them or the Bronze series. Great combination and better than Elite/B&W together IMO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us