CD Player for Marantz 5400 + B&W 602S3 ?

Tim Huynh
Unregistered guest
I finally got a pair of B&W 602S3 speakers to go with my Marantz SR5400. There are only limited brands of CD player available where I live.

- Denon
- Marantz
- Harman Kardon

Which model should I get to "fit" with my above entry level system ? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

TOO_COOL
Unregistered guest
yo Denon is good

:-)

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 526
Consider having one shipped to you - from www.ebay.com or www.audiogon.com

Shanling 100 is a good one from ebay.
Rega planet is also better than the ones you were looking at.

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 563
Tim

All three of those brands make reasonable CD players. It really depends on individual models and how much you wish to spend. Make sure the player you get has a digital/optical connection as mid to low end players will sound okay (or very good) using the Marantz's DAC's.

CD's on my Yamaha changer and Denon 2900 universal DVD player are better using the DAC's on my Marantz 7300.

Tim Huynh
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your help. I'll probably get a branded CD player based on price and connect via optical cable to the SR5400.

I'm curious: the difference b/w expensive vs non-expensive CD player is the quality of DAC part right ?

So if DAC of the CD player is better than the receiver, it's better to connect via analog cable ?

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 574
So if DAC of the CD player is better than the receiver, it's better to connect via analog cable ?

Yes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us