What home audio sub hits like car audio subs?

Username: Vsboxerboy

Post Number: 1
Hello-
Okay, so...I'm going to UCSB in the fall, and I want a nice audio system. I basically have everything except for a sub and an amp for the sub. Now, im addicted to the tight, punchy bass that car subs deliver. The music that I lisetn to makes the sub belt out the bass drum notes so i like them to hit hard and clean. I had my two alpine type R subs stolen along with the amp that powered them and the HU. I was planning on selling those before i went to college, but now I dont have that option. As such, im kinda strapped for cash. So if anyone could reccomend a setup that would provide TIGHT, CLEAN, HARD hitting bass i would appreciate it alot. My reciever has L/R RCA sub outputs. Keep in mind that im looking for either a powered sub, or a sub and an amp. Bottom line though is it possible to get that kind of bass from a home audio sub or do i need car audio subs???

Thanks
~Sonny

ps first post

Username: Vsboxerboy

Post Number: 2
oh by the way i plan on using this sub to listen to music not movies or television

Username: Nm2285

Delaware

Post Number: 4
IMO, car subs will be handidly outdone by most home subs in the same price range (at least in musical performance). However, you say you're strapped for cash. For truly clean and hard bass, I'd check out SVS subs. I personally own a Pinnacle Digital Sub 350 and it hits pretty clean and pretty hard. Both of these subs you can get around $500. Anything less than these, however, I wouldn't really consider very tight, or clean, maybe hard.
Depends how strapped you are.

Anonymous

check out the soon-to-be-released SVS PB-10isd for $399+ s/h

here's the thread:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/84589.html

Username: Nm2285

Delaware

Post Number: 7
That SVS should be nice. I've heard very good htings about the Adire Rava, and HSU has some offerings in the budget arena. Like I said, watch anything under $400 from other manufacturers though.

Bronze Member
Username: Danman

Post Number: 53
HSU and SVS would be your best bet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us