Marantz 5400 and B&W 602 S3: good match ?

Tim Huynh
Unregistered guest
I have a Marantz SR5400 receiver and am thinking of buying a pair of B&W 602 S3 to go with it. Is it a good match ?

Later on, I'm planning to get a full 5.1 HT system with 602 S3 front, 600 back & LCR60 center together with a sub.

Any comment is appreciated. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Seamus

Post Number: 45
Tim, I've heard the 603s with the SR5400, and it's an excellent combination. The 603s are floorstanders, so they'll probably go lower into the bass range than the 602, but the overall sound quality should be the same. And you're planning to get a sub anyway...
Hear them for yourself. I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.
All the best and keep us posted.

Tim Huynh
Unregistered guest
Thanks Seamus. I went to my dealer for audition. SR5400 + 603s sound great ! But I was thinking of 602 because the room I''d be putting all this in is pretty small only 18m2.

My concern is will the SR5400 be powerful enough for the speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Seamus

Post Number: 48
Tim, the 5400 is rated at 6x90W, and Marantz is supposed to be one of the (few) companies who publish authentic power ratings. Hence, you should not face any problems with this set-up, especially since your room is not massive.
Just ensure that you do not drive the amp to clipping levels - if you do feel distortion setting-in, turn the volume down immediately and you should be safe.

Username: Spl

Post Number: 3
I have a Marantz SR7200 that used to power B&W 601 S3's (front and rear) and an LCR60 center. It was great. In general, the Marantz warmness matches the B&W 6 series.

I upgraded my speakers to Dynaudio Audience and now, I feel that I'm lacking power. :-(

myki

Unregistered guest
Hello Tim,

The B&W 602 S3 are perfect for your Marantz receiver but I think the B&W 601 S3 are better than B&W 600 S3 for the surround channels.

Shelvin
Unregistered guest
can anyone help me out here? im interested in buying the B&W 602 S3, but im from the US, and I dont know anywhere that sells it. can someone help me out?

PaulNH
Unregistered guest
Go to www.bwspeakers.com and use the FIND A DEALER button. Then enter your zip code and it will give you the closest dealers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us