Anybody using a Panasonic XR receiver?

Matt J.
Unregistered guest
I'm in college and just moved into a little apartment. I'm thinking of buying one of those Panasonic XR receivers... their small and cheap. on some other forums I found a lot of people think the XR's are great but I wonder if they actually sound that good. Best Buy and Circuit City here don't carry them so I'd have to order it. You all seem to know what really sounds good so if anybody here has one or has heard one please let me know what you think. thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 517
I don't own one but I heard them and think they are real value! Many audiophiles think that too - you can google search for sa-xr45 and see all the raving review.

One reviewer even compared to Krell amps!

Go with the newer better model - SAXR70.

You can find them on the web for about $340.

They are sleek and slim which is nice if you are a student and moving around.

Hope this helps.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 518
What speakers will you be hooking them up to?
They deserve pretty good ones to really sing their best.

Matt J.
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the replies James. I have Athena B1 speakers for all channels plus a small Sony sub. Do you think this would be a good match for the Panasonic? I'm pretty sure the speakers are 8 ohms. I just searched on Google for the xr70... at $350 I could afford it... but didn't find anybody that actually has it in stock.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 523
That's rigth. The XR70 isn't out yet. I dont know why James Lee is promoting it so much. The delay is caused by the HMDI connection and all the uncertainty around it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us