Bose SubWoofer + Sony Receiver = Question

Username: Rcapilli

Post Number: 1
I just bought a Sony receiver last night and started the fantastic process of setting it up. Before buying the receiver I purchased a Bose surround sound system about 2 years ago and everything has been working great. Question is, is it possible to hook up the Bose subwoofer to a 3rd party receiver like Sony or Onkyo etc...?

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Newport, RI United States

Post Number: 331
Which Bose system (including model number) do you have? We will need to know what that is so we can determine if it allows external connections.

Unregistered guest
I have the same question. I have Denon 1601 receiver. I have been hooking it up with 5 Bose satellite cubic speakers and Acoustimass 5 SeriesII. use small volume for center and surround. Is that OK?

Anonymous

If you got it working then great. I went to Circuit City and spoke to a rep there. If you buy the LifeStyle systems from Bose, the Subwoofer is propriateory (sp?) to the system. So to make a long story short, I had to buy a new subwoofer. But I love it.

Username: Rahul

Post Number: 4
I have Bose Acoustimass 5 SeriesII, the Bose subwoofer is working fine with my Sony STR-DE 485 receiver. My subwoofer is powered separately, is your powered separately?

Unregistered guest
Hey if anyone can get ahold of some Top Dog at Bose, tell them I have a great idea for them...Bose is the #1 speaker around and i thought they could see about making a car audio subwoofer. such as a 12" competition speaker or something. let me know on my email.. thanx

Unregistered guest
I have the older Bose Acoustimass 7 speakers. How can I utilize the 5 channel feature on my new Denon receiver. I am not able to plug in the subs as they are passive? I realize the speakers came out before the 5 channel output feature - would it sound better to buy a separate powered sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Nm2285

Delaware

Post Number: 25
Bosefreak:
I believe Bose (thankfully) doesn't make replacement speakers for cars, only for the manufacturers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us