Axiom opinions PLEASE

Anonymous

Are the Mt80's the best speaker for the money or not? I am looking for drop dead perfect sound for a Denon 3803. I am looking for people who have actually heard these and compared them the Paradigm References, PSB, etc. I want $5000 sound for $1000, is it possible? Also how do the 50's & 60's compare to the 80's. Is the sound comparable but just for a smaller room? as I don't have a huge Great room to fill. PS I know I can try them out and return them.

Username: Project6

Post Number: 19
at that price point, they are absolutely the best possible for the money. I have listened to the Paradigm reference series and I liked it better than the PSBs of the same caliber. The M80s really rocked and I preferred the sound over the PSBs but it was a tough call between the Paradigms versus the Axioms. The Axioms win via its excellent price with all other things being equal.
I have also experienced the M50s, which is excellent for a small rooms, but I preferred the better sound and tighter bass of the M60, which I own. The staging and detail are all excellent in the whole line up.
And no, the sound is not comparable in a small room. The 50s and the 60s sound great in a small room but the 80s are very overwhelming. The 50s do not fare well in a large room at all, it sounded a little "teeny".
Again these are my observations and other people may differ. So good luck on your choice, but I doubt that you can go wrong with the M80s.
cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us