Are Monitor audio a good fit with NAD?

Bronze Member
Username: Lesterlyles

Post Number: 27
Was originally thinking a Marantz receiver but may end up going with a NAD 773? Any thoughts on Monitor radius surround system with the NAD?

What are your suggestions for the two stereo speakers (Separate room)? Should I stick w/ Monitor?

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1296
robert that combo should be fine!

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 594
Should be a very fine system. I love my Monitors.

Bronze Member
Username: Lesterlyles

Post Number: 29
Thanks guys...Elite thanks for all your responses over the alst few weeks. I am excited.

Silver Member

Post Number: 595
Robert,
Anytime. Glad to help. I am always willing to help somepne buy MA's. When paired with the right receiver they are truely wonderful. Your NAD and the MA's will make beautiful music together for years.

Silver Member
Username: Ghiacabriolet

NC

Post Number: 305
Robert,

I have the Monitor Audio GR10 as fronts plus the GR10 center paired with a NAD 763. It is a great combination! The MA's match up well with the NAD. I haven't heard the Radius line but, if it has the MA characteristics, it should match up well, too. If you have a dealer, see if you can listen to the pairing to see if it offers the sound you are seeking.

Bronze Member
Username: Agimat

Canada

Post Number: 18
Therealelitefan

How is MA S2 compare with Paradigm Studio 20 when using a good receiver(match)? Do I have to dump my MA B2 to go with S2 or Studio 20?Also is there a big difference in sound quality between the B2 and S2?

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 643
Iarz,
MA and Paradigm have very different sonics. Both are great and my two favorite speaker line even though they are so disimilar. If you currrently have the B2 you can pick up a pair of S2 for the front and move the B2 to the rear. That would be just fine. My experience with the Bronze series is only with the B1 in my kitchen and I really like them. I did hook them up for a short time in my main system as rears and they sounded very good. What receiver are you using? That is very important as you seem to know by yout question.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 21
Elite

Thanks. Right now my I'm using a Marantz 5300 with the B2 and I really like it.I have also a NAD T743 for 2 weeks, I bought it because I was too much intrigued by NAD and plan to sell my Marantz.Do you think it's the right decision?I want to keep them both but I can not afford at the moment.Anyway the NAD is not yet final and I'am returning it if they don't fix the hiss issue and my dealer is aware of that.Do I have to stick with Marantz?Can I use the Bronze center with the S2? To my ears both receivers sound good.Nad is cleaner but the Marantz has better bass extension.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
or wait for the arrival of the new SR 5500 instead of NAD?

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 650
I would not mix main and center speakers from different line-ups. Silver with Silver and Bronze with Bronze. Surrounds can be slightly different, but same series would be best for that also.

Silver Member

Post Number: 644
I would also say use the Silver center. It's a really great center and a big reason I went with MA's. If you are having a hiss problem with the NAD I would not keep it and keep the Marantz instead. Marantz and MA is a very hard combo to beat at the price range we are talking about. I realize lots of people love NAD and I do too but there have been too many problems with them lately for me to tell someone to spend their money on one. I guess I'm glad NAD doesn't have enough inputs for my system or I might have been tempted also. I don't need anymore headaches, I'e got enough with my computer as it is.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Elite,

Thanks for the info. Did you have any experience with CA 540R?

Silver Member

Post Number: 659
In a word, no.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us