Wall mounting satellite speakers or Stands? And proper placement.

Username: Hdaveearl

Post Number: 4
I'm debating whether to Mount my speakers on the wall "they come with mounting brackets" or spend the extra money on stands. Is there an audio advantage to either way? And if Wall mounting is there a specific height and placement that needs to be followed? I was going to either wall mount the rear speakers or place them on stands, and I thought I would just set the front speakers on either end of my fireplace mantel. Any reason I would not want to do this? Any help would be appreciated. Oh if it matters I bought the Energy 5.2 sytem. And My room is about 12 X 18 and the TV sits in one of the corners of the room. So If I set my Center speaker on the TV it will not really be in the center of the front speakers but it will be facing the viewing area. Is that alright?

Username: Heff

Post Number: 34
David,

it depends. are you listening mostly to music or movies? Mostly solo viewing or group? do you listen to multi-channel DVD-A?

Placement of the subs can be tricky too, so you'll want to experiment with what sounds best in your listening room.

here's a guide from dolby labs on speaker placement--> http://dolbylabs.com/ht/Guide.HomeTheater.0110.html#chapter3

Username: Hdaveearl

Post Number: 5
Thanks that was helpful, but I'm wondering the way my room is set up its basically a rectangle, and the TV is in one of the corners. So If I put two front speakers on either long end and 2 surround on the opposite walls, will I want to center the Center speaker inbetween the 2 front speakers, or still put it on top of the television so it seems like the sound is coming from the television??? And typically were is the best area in a situation like this to place the Sub woofer? Unfortuantely I do not have a lot of options as far as placing my televison. Thanks

Username: John_a

Post Number: 19
For surround sound, your first choice is to have the Right and Left front speakers right and left of the TV, and the centre channel above it, or below it, in between them. Just try it, and see.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us