What speakers to go with NAD 762?

Username: Fateshifter

Post Number: 1
Just picked up a NAD 762.
Now I need some good speakers.

To those of you who have NAD...what speakers are you running? How would be describe the sound?

Username: Paul_t

Post Number: 14
Just about any will do, NAD is a tad on the warm side but I really can't think of a speaker that would not do well with it. I have Paradigm Studio 20v3's for my T752, bought the speakers first and then decided on the receiver..

Username: Johnnyness

Post Number: 2
I too am in the hunt for speakers for a T762. I am considering JM Labs and PSB as my front runners. Have also enjoyed the Paradigm Studio 60s. I have heard the NAD with both the JM Labs and PSB and they sounded great together.

Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 4
You might look at Martin Logans. I bought the absolute low end (Montage) and was blown away. I also have the NAD T652.

Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 6
Err. T762. Sorry. I compared the Martin Logans to PSBs, Paradigms, Athenas and B & Ws.

Post Number: 12
I finally made my decision and got my new system set up. I went from an early 90s HK Home Theater receiver (60wpc) to an NAD T762 with a T572 DVD Changer, and replaced my old speakers with the JM Labs Cobalt 826S fronts, CC800 Center and 806S Bookshelves for surrounds. I demo'd PSBs, Paradigms, Energy, Ruark, NHT, Canton, B&W and Kef but I couldn't give the JM Labs back. They weren't the most expensive, or the least expensive, but in my house, they sounded better than anything else out there. Music is amazing through these speakers. I also got Tara Labs something or another for biwiring the front speakers. Given that set of circumstances, should I fork out the extra money to biwire my rear speakers or should I just use the jumpers to ensure my 14 Ga speaker wire uses all four posts?

Username: Snakeyes

Post Number: 6
Johnnyness,
what did you pay for the jm labs set & what sub are you using just curious thanks

Edward Drake
Unregistered guest
Johnny,

Which NHT's did you listen to, and what were your impression of them?

Thanks,

Post Number: 16
I listened to the NHT ST4s. I thought they sounded very good, especially at their cost. the main detractor to them was the size and appearance... my wife didn't like the piano gloss black.

Username: Stone

Post Number: 10
How much can you afford to spend?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us