ONLINE PURCHASES

Username: Ewnelson

Post Number: 1
I'm looking at the Yamaha RX-V1400 or the Yamaha HTR-5590 the price range is close enough to consider each. What do you think? and what about buying recievers online?

Username: Johnny

Post Number: 7
Eric,

You can save lots of money by buying online. The trade-off is that if something goes wrong, you have to have the unit shipped back to the place you bought it from, then wait for it to be fixed, and then shipped back to you. The result of this is a considerable amount of time in which you do not have your receiver. If you buy from a dealer in your area, the shipping costs will obviously be negated. Also, if you have serious trouble, they will likely just give you a new unit, thus the down-time will be very short. When it comes down to it, it just depends on what you feel more comfortable with. Is your main concern to get the absolute cheapest price, or is your main concern to make sure you can get prompt customer service?

Username: Iceberg

Post Number: 11
I usually don't buy electronics over the net. You have to becareful that the online place you buy the receiver will have a factory warranty. Most companies like DENON don't offer warranties unless it is bought from one of their distiributors.

Username: Hdaveearl

Post Number: 2
Well I just bought a receiver and speakers online. I have not received them yet but I feel comfortable with the purchase. You can of course save tax and lots of money. Just as an example I purchased the Energy Take 5.2 system with the Sub Woofer, including shipping for 638.00. My local dealer wanted over a 1000.00 not including the Sub Woofer. And the Sub woofer was another 300.00 and odd change. The Nad T742 I bought was 449.00 online, I've seen it advertised elsewhere for a ridicously high price of 1100.00 and normally right at 649.00 I personally have NEVER bought stereo equipment that I needed to take back for warranty work. The few times I did have problems the warranty was long gone anyhow. "knock on wood!!!" Guess its just a leap of faith. Even though what I bought is still pretty much bottom line, I could not have have afforded it buying local. Good luck!!!

Username: Landmark550

Post Number: 2
David:

Who did you buy the Energys from. I am looking to get that setup for a Yamaha RX-V740.

Username: Hdaveearl

Post Number: 3
I found them at Reliable Audio and Video. 595.00 for the system with sub woofer. And on the top of their screen it has a link for Online Coupon. It gives you a promotional code to enter in when ordering. It saves you an additional 2% which amounted to a little under 12.00. And unlike some of the stores I tried their shipping was reasonable. A few wanted up to 115.00 for shipping. They were under 40.00. Anyhow good luck!!!! Heres the link hope it works
http://www.reliableaudiovideo.com/energyencore1.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us