Cambridge Soundworks Newton M80 Bookshelves:Any good?

Username: Bobd

Post Number: 1
I'm interested in these speakers. I listened to them and they have a very nice sound. Clear highs and decent bass for an 8" driver(although no where near my Klipsch Fortes which have a 12" driver with rear firing 12" passive radiator). I'm selling my Klipsch and am willing to give up some bass for less harsh highs and mids but I wanted to know if anyone had any bad experiences with these CSW M80's. I'm also considering the Tower I's because they are on sale for 680 bucks. That's a lot of speaker for that price.

Thanks.

Post Number: 2
Anyone? Man this forum ain't to good. I frequent a saxophone forum that's much more helpful.

Username: David_r

Post Number: 5
have patience bob:
this board works a little slow as most people on this board work for a living while saxaphone players are typically out of work have have loads of free time to chat.

I've heard good things about the m80's you might want to look into axioms also.

www.axiomaudio.com

Post Number: 3
I'm actually not a professional saxophonist(wish I was). I work as a programmer/analyst in the healthcare industry. I can check the boards in between developing/running/testing scripts. Thanks for the reply David. It seems Axiom is the hot speake right now. There aren't any shops in my area carrying this brand. I listened to the Paradigm Monitor 3's the other day. Not too impressed. The Camb. Soundworks seemed better. I would like to hear PSB's stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us