Problems with NAD T762

Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 1
Uh oh! I bought the NAD T762 a month ago and love it. Three days ago, the NAD seemed to work fine but the front display went wacky and it would not respond to remote commands. It would turn itself back on. I unplugged it and it seemed to work fine but after 10 minutes, same problem. I am going to take it in. Anyone know what's going on?

Username: John_a

Post Number: 2
Jonmoon,

Phone your local distributor (listed on web site), I have found them helpful, here, when I eventually get through to technical people. There may be something obvious you can do without going back to the dealer. Dealers often don't know so much, and returning under warranty is the easy option for them.

Welcome to the new forum with your new name!

Username: Iceberg

I agree with John. Return it to the place you got it from or phone the distributor. I am kind am puzzled with all the problems NAD is having with some of their receivers. They are very nice receivers never the less. Hope it works out for you.

Thanks. I have brought it to the authorized service dealer. I am just concerned and did want to bring this out for a couple of reasons. First, someone might have an idea of what the problem is. Second, to give some warning. There has been discussion of NAD quality. I love this receiver and hope it is something minor. However, I think my report may have some added credibilty since I am a NAD lover. BTW I have e-mailed NAD several times about this problem with no response. That bothers me.

Post Number: 5
In my experience they definitely respond, and the first response is usually to direct you to the distributor. You can phone the distributor. They have technical engineers whose job is to diagnose problems. I have quoted this thread in an e-mail to NAD. Don't be afraid of tech expertise - that is their department. If it is something trivial, you are still a customer, and should not be expected to know things that are not in the manual. Even the manual is part of the whole package and it is not your fault if it is not clear. Manuals usually tell you where to go with problems not listed there.

Username: Audio_economist

Post Number: 1
Jonathan,

You might want to reset your receiver to factory settings. Just press simultaneously both the Tone Defeat and Video Button and release after about 5 seconds and then hard boot the receiver. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

Jonathan,

You might as well exchange the new unit for the T763. I reckon it is out by now.

Post Number: 7
Updated information. I took it to the authorized service center who told me that it was 4 -5 business days before they could look at it. I called 7 1/2 days later and they told me that they decided not to handle NAD work anymore and I should come pick up my receiver. Apparently this work is too complicated.

I tried to call my dealer but he is on vacation for a week. I then went to the NAD web site to call for help. I reached someone and I explained the problems. They asked me to send in the NAD unit. I told them I did not have the box etc (the dealer gave me his personal demo unit without packaging). After a short hold, they told me they would exchange the unit for a new T763 which would come to the dealer. I hope that is the end of these problems. Kudos thus far for NAD taking care of this problem.

Username: Johnnyness

Post Number: 4
So, I have heard about the problem before, but I had not heard the problem until tonight... when I play a burned disk especially, the first note of the song is clipped off. Is there some setting I can correct so that it doesn't do this? Other than that "little" problem, it souds great, looks great, its just great... but I have the T762 hooked to the T572 and it sometimes chops off the first millisecond.... any solutions would be appreciated.

Post Number: 30
Johnny,

The player plays while the receiver is still deciding which digital format to use; it has to receive a signal to be able to do that. There is no delay with analogue connections. Also, the delay may be shorter if you stick with the last digital format you used for that disc, or the previous one.

Post Number: 5
so, if I hooked up analog connections as well as the digital, can I assign the cds to the analog and dvds to the digital? I will have to give that a try...

thanks for the help!

Post Number: 31
Johnny,

Yes, that's it. Give it a try.

Post Number: 9
John A.
Thanks for the tip, it worked like a charm. I used the shortest high quality analog cables I could find and have been listening for the past 4 hours and they sound great... not a single skipped beat. I am in the process of demoing different speakers, the JM Lab dealer brought over a set of Cobalt 826S and all the accoutrements last night and I am enjoying them all the more.

Post Number: 33
Johnny,

Great. By using the analogue connection, you are giving the receiver an analogue signal from the Digital-to-Analogue converter in the player, and bypassing the receiver's own D-to-A converter. The sound should be just the same as with digital connection, provided the two units have the same DACs, which I think they do.

lkloi98j hhjk
Unregistered guest
I have a NAD T762 and a T532. When I play audio CD's in 2 channel stereo using the analog connection, I get a significant increase in volume level over using the digital coax connection...I didn't expect this?? I can't yet tell if louder=better. Do you guys experience the same thing and is this normal? Why is analog connection louder?

Post Number: 10
I have noticed the same thing, but I haven't noticed any degradation in sound quality. I don't know why it would be louder but you're not alone!

Post Number: 13
Update. Received new T763 today from dealer. As above, when spoke to NAD about problems, they immediately offered to replace the receiver (T762). I set up the receiver and don't really notice any difference, the power is similar and the layout the same. This did have a power button in the back which it took me a while to find. I thought initially the receiver did not work since it would not turn on. I am having one problem with the VCR not getting color on the picture but I believe it is crappy s video cord I have. I will replace it with a better cord tomorrow morning.

I'm not sure if the NEO settings are new. I kind of like the music one over the EARS setting for surround music though the regular stereo is better quality.

Thus far am very happy to have the receiver back and working. The remote is the same but again learns nice and quickly. It took a while to get here but of course this happened over the holidays. Have my fingers crossed.

Post Number: 14
Yep. It was the crappy cords. After replacing with better cords, vcr now in color. I have to run the vcr video signal through the receiver in order to use the OSD otherwise I run out of inputs on the television.

Also found out the Neo 6 was on the T762 after going to NAD site.

At this point, I don't hear or see any big difference in this receiver and the T762. However, the receiver is working well and sounds great!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us