** Elite VSX43tx or H/K 525 for Klipsch??

Gary IPC
Looking for help on selecting receiver that would best match my Klipsch speakers. I have 2 RF1, 2 side/rear SS5, Center RC25, Sub KSW10. may get a 6th rear ctr. I have heard here that Pioneer Elite or H/K would be best for their brightness. I am not sure if I am looking at the right level of receiver for the spreakers, should I be at a higher end or lower? also at what power level would optimize these to sound their best. I do about 60/40 movies to music. Thanks for any help!

Paul T
Only heard the HK and it very nice and warm sounding. Your definitely on the right track, Klipsch needs a warmer sounding receiver maybe others here have heard both head to head and can give you a better insight.. Funny a friend of mine was over and heard my NAD/Paradigm setup and couldn't believe how smooth and warm they sounded, he has a Klipsch/Yamaha setup and talk about bright lol... he is looking into the same stuff as you, I really believe Klipsh needs the warmest most laid back receiver you can find... great speakers but definitely very bright.. Always loved them..

G.DawG
Gary,
The Pioneer Elite 43TX(my record must be pretty scratched) is a very good match with the Klipsch speakers. I am currently running RF-7's, an RC-7, and 4 RS-7's, and it sounds fantastic. Good combo. I would so go for the Elite. Good luck, and merry christmas!

G.DawG

G.DawG
Gary,
The Pioneer Elite 43TX(my record must be pretty scratched) is a very good match with the Klipsch speakers. I am currently running RF-7's, an RC-7, and 4 RS-7's, and it sounds fantastic. Good combo. I would say go for the Elite. Good luck, and merry christmas!

G.DawG

Username: Luigif1

Post Number: 1
I also am looking for a receiver to my klipsch speakers, don't know if should go with AVR630 for 800 or AVR525 for $600, or ELite better reliability than both??

Username: Geekboy

Post Number: 3
While I haven't tried my AVR525 with my Klipsch CF2s.... I would probably go with the newer AVR630. It has a little more power (5 watts)... a nicer remote... looks sleek.

Something I noticed, the 630 is about 3 pounds lighter than the 525. I wonder what they did.

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 5
Either Elite or H/K is a good match with the Klipsch as both are mellow and can help tame the brightness of the speakers. Sonically they are very close so I would base my decision on features and inputs. The Elite has more inputs than the H/K if that's important. Whichever you feel more comfortable with is the one I would buy. Both are superb.

Post Number: 3
If I go with the New H/K line is the 430 good enoguh for my speaker or do I need the 630?

Still wondering about Elite 43tx, is there any sound difference between it and the 525? is one more laid back than the other?

Post Number: 4
Now I am looking at elite 45tx or H\K 630 does either match better with the kilpsch synergy/reference series?

Post Number: 5
If it's Klipsch, the H/K may be just ever so slightly better from what I've read. Still, both receivers are excellent choices to tame the Klipsch. I lean to the H/K because I own the predecessor to the H/K 630... the 525.

As EliteFan wrote, you're probably safe with choosing based on receiver capability (features), since they are so similar sonically. I think I like that Elite's MCACC better than EzSet on H/K?

They both have 2 component video in/1 component video out.

The H/K has 3 optical/3 coax digital inputs (one set is on front) and 1 optical/1 coax digital out. The Elite 45tx has 3 optical/2 coax digital inputs (one optical is on front) and 2 optical/0 coax digital outs.

elitefan: I'm wondering why we both think differently on the number of inputs for the H/K AVR 525 (630)? They both have 5 Video inputs (S-VHS/LINE). The H/K is particularily difficult to figure out, but there are 4 on back (Video 1-3 and DVD), but Video 4 is on the Front. That makes Video 1-4 (4) and DVD (1) which is 5 Video inputs. They both have 2 component video in and 1 component video out and 1 s-vhs (and line) out. Just wondering if I'm missing something on the 45tx? The H/K 525 and 630 both have the same inputs/outputs.

IPC
Unregistered guest
HK430 or 43tX which is best with Klipsch? 70/30 movies

ipc
Unregistered guest
i am really wondering is the sonic difference worth the extra $$ for the H/K??

Post Number: 8
ipc: if you think there's "value" in the extra $$$s. Value is so subjective... but... I think the Elite has nicer "features" than the H/K. If it were a tossup and I was going features only... I'd probably lean to the Elite (which I like also).

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 15
geekboy,
I am refering to the number of analog inputs only. The H/K only has 6 while the Elite has 8. All receivers seem to have an ample number of digital inputs.

Post Number: 14
elitefan: ahh, thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us