Audioholics.com review of the Yamaha RX-V2400 is up

Anonymous
http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/avhardware/YamahaRXV-2400Receiver-p1.html

elitefan
I see one glaring problem with this unit and it's that the sub out is inactive in 2 channel direct mode. I always listen to music in this mode on my Elite 45 and the sub is active as it should be. Why Yamaha would do this is hard to understand. For another review look at the January issue of Home Theater and look at the power specs. Very poor even though the review is positive and I don't dispute it was a good match with the reviewers Paradigm studi20's. Both reviews are worth a look at.

Al Holland.
Why would you want the sub to be active in direct mode? The purpose of direct is to provide the purest form of sound. Sort of like the receivers and pre amps of days gone by.
If you want to include the sub just use stereo.
The elite is the only unit that I have heard of with an active sub in direct. Did all of the others get it wrong?

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 8
If I remember correctly my old Denon 2802 sub out was active in direct mode also. I could be wrong. Since I have had my Elite I have usually listened in direct but lately have been using it's Hi-Bit mode and it sounds great also. The important thing is to buy what you like, after doing some research of course. Best wishes to all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us