JBL Studio S - How to Mount???

JBL Speakers - Help Pls
Unregistered guest
I have JBL Studio 36II's. They are made with divets on the back to allow for hanging on nails on a wall. But, I need to point them in a certain direction (downwards) from the wall.

Can anyone tell me how they have overcome this problem; general suggestions would be welcomed also. I'm assuming drilling holes into the speakers would be a bad thing (???). The speakers come with two holes on the bottom also that appear a place where mounts can be screwed in, but not sure. If you could tell me model and make of any particular mounts that go well with these, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 518
I have the same speakers as rears hung firmly from screws (not nails) in our pine timber wall. Each 3611 has 4 recesses (holes) for the protruding screw heads and can be mounted vertically or horizontally. If mounted vertically, they will face slightly inward. If you mount them horizontally, they will face downward slightly. If you need more angle, use longer screws (and leave a longer protrusion) at the top and use spacers - or make a timber frame angled to suit that can be attached to the wall. Just be sure, that in any case, the speakers are firmly mounted.

It seems your 3611's didn't have the instructions and mounting template.

JBL Speakers - Help Pls II
Unregistered guest
Thanks My Rantz-

Will long screws on top be enough to support the spreakers? I need to angle them about 30+ degrees downward. I was also thinking of using some combo of chains and screws.

I'm not sure what you mean by using spacers / timber frame.

Also, do you hear any rattling from the use of these screws?

Thanks again

Silver Member

Post Number: 519
Spacer: material that can be screwed and fitted between the speaker and the wall to make the speaker stick out at the top thus creating the desired angle. The recesses (holes) in the speaker boxes are designed so that when they are fitted to the screw heads they are then pushed down (or across) to lock into position. The distance between the screw head and the wall (and/or spacer) determines whether the fit is firm. If it is not firm enough, you will get rattles.

Frame: two pieces of timber wider on the top end to create a wedge shape. Drill holes according to the recesses (holes) in the speaker box and place them between the speaker box and the wall so that when fitted the speaker box is angled at the same angle you make the frame (or two pieces of timber). As with normal fitting or using a spacer, the amount of screw head left protruding, will determine how firmly the speaker is attached.

Thanks My Rantz
Unregistered guest
Thanks. I didn't get any particular screws with the speakers, so I figure to simply buy them (probably coated in rubber) from Home Depot. I don't think this would cause any problems...

Silver Member

Post Number: 520
No problem

Also, it's a good idea to place rubber washers between the speaker box and wall (or spacer, frame etc) this will help get a firm fit and elimate any vibration and will negate the need for rubber coated screws. Good Luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us