Denon DVD-3910

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 515
I just read about the new Denon DVD-3910. A bit dearer than the 2900, but what a machine - see news item August 12 at http://www.homecinemachoice.com for info if interested.

. . . and I recently purchased the 2900 grrrrrrr!

Username: Dr_audio

Post Number: 1
The 3910 will be available at Crutchfield on 9/6.
Specs on Denon site. Pictures of innards on Japanese site.

Bronze Member
Username: Sulfur

Post Number: 43
Anyone has this unit yet?

Is it worth the extra money over the 2900 which is now on sale everywhere?

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 625
If the build quality is that of the 2900 I'd say yes, it would be worth the extra money for the DVDi and HDMI cnnections, the variable bass management and SACD delay settings plus the HDCD option and the CD direct processing path provided it makes for improved cd playback.

Having said that, I still recommned the 2900 providing the pure digital connections aren't all that important to you. It's a great machine. Picture quality is fantastic, the hi-res formats are great, cd playback is okay for a DVD player and it is built like a tank. We have used it extensively for the past few months and so far, no problems.

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1470
I would have agree 100% to mr. rantz's assesment!

SACDude
Unregistered guest
Ah! But you gentlemen should be thinking 2910, not 2900 - the 2910 is just shy of the 3910, and hundreds cheaper. Check it out when it arrives later this month.

Anonymous

I and a friend just bought the first 2 Denon 3910's, to arrive at a local Good Guys, and got a significant discount while purchasing other items for my friend's new home theater system. After having read of the incredible features and hardware that it has, and knowing Denon's quality, we couldn't pass them up.
After a few days of breaking the units in and doing only minor adjustments I can only say wow! I had previously been using either my Sony DVPS-7000 dvd player or Denon 460 cd player for various formats and the new 3910 simply blows them both away in every category, even while still using my old Yamaha 3090 to decode PCM and Dolby Digital signals.
Both the sound and video are simply stunning. Every old cd or dvd I play in it is a new experience. I would upgrade my receiver, but I have decided to wait for a new Denon receiver that has HDMI and DVI-D switching.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us