Problem w/Durabrand CD player or CDs?

Anonymous
Hi! Please forgive me if this is a newbie question w/an obvious answer ... :-)

I recently went to Wal-Mart & bought an inexpensive ($36) Durabrand CD player/radio for my mom, to make it more convenient for her to listen to a 64-disk set of audio Bible CDs she recently got. (The CDs aren't MP3, but the CD player is MP3 enabled, in case she wants to use MP3's in the future.) We listened to part of one of the CDs, & it played fine...up until the next-to-last track, which it got most of the way thru & then skipped to the beginning of the final track (which contained a short message saying that the end of the disk had been reached). I tried playing that same CD in the drive on her PC, & it worked fine. On the Durabrand CD player, though, every time I tried it, it skipped to the beginning of the last track, always from the same point about 25 seconds before the end of the previous track. I tried a number of other CDs from the set, & the same thing happened w/each of them on the Durabrand (skipping over an amount that was 20-something seconds on some CDs, 30-something on others. I noticed, though, that if I held down the reverse button so as to back up to a point somewhere inside the next-to-last track and before the place at which it had been jumping, it would play right thru the rest of the track with no problem.

Any idea as to what might cause this? Since they didn't skip on her PC, does that mean the CDs are okay? Or are the CDs perhaps somehow incompatible w/the Durabrand?

Thanx very much for your time!
-- Jon

James Lee
I would goto the store with the cd and try it on another duraband player. If same problem on the store one, buy another brand - if not get yours replaced. You might want to stick with a trusted name brand like these - They will give you better sound quality, and look nicer.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=566160#

or this one:

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=566160#

or for a little more, this
one is cute and classy:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005MAFV

Happy Bible reading...

Anonymous
James -- thanx for your reply.

> I would goto the store with the cd and
> try it on another duraband player. If
> same problem on the store one, buy
> another brand - if not get yours replaced.

I think I'll try this -- at a Wal-Mart in the town where my mom lives, next time I drive up to see her. (It didn't occur to me to take one or more of the CDs from the set back home w/me so I could try them on some other systems....) :-/

> You might want to stick with a trusted
> name brand like these - They will give
> you better sound quality, and look nicer.

Hmm ... the first 2 links looked identical. (?) The systems did look nice, & I don't doubt that their sound quality would be better. On the other hand, my mom (who's in her 80s) really likes having something light-weight & easily portable ... so I think she'd probably rather stick w/something where the whole system's just 1 piece, w/a handle. :-)

> Happy Bible reading...

Thanx!

By the way ... I'm considering upgrading my PC, & want something that'd be well-suited for the kinds of musical stuff I'd like to do -- mainly, composing & arranging for multiple voices & instruments (& making practice CDs or tapes for vocalists & instrumentalists). 15 or so yrs ago, I was using an old 4-track reel-to-reel w/dbx noise reduction units, recording vocals & acoustic guitar using a microphone, electric guitar from the output of an effects unit, & keyboards, percussion, & some other instruments mostly from outputs from electronic keyboards and an FM tone generator module using MIDI data as input....

I'm slowly getting into the 21st century <g>, & am using Sibelius 2.0 for composing & arranging, & I'd like to get some advice as to what to look for in terms of a PC, sound card, & other equipment. Is there a place among the forums here that'd be a good place to post questions about such stuff? Or might it be better to look for a site that's more oriented to computers, sound cards, & MIDI instruments?

Thanx again for your time!

-- Jon

Username: Edison

Post Number: 2
You might try www.audiogon.com
On the left column, the second heading is "Discussion"

Once you are in it, there is a "PC Audio" click on the right buttom.

Anonymous

need directions on programming portable player.

Anonymous

how do I make the cd player hold, so it doesn't turn on in my backpack?

Anonymous

Hello my name is jessica brown and i purchased a Digital durabrand cd player on April 14,2004 for 49.99 with cash at Best buy. I turned it on and it wouldn't not

Need Help Soon
Unregistered guest
Hello, I have maybe had my Durabrand cd/radio player for about a few months now.I dropped it about 3 feet off the ground and now the radio only works and the cd player wont even turn on.If anyone has any advice please email me at danielleshosmart@yahoo.com

Anonymous

i have durabrand cd player but its not the radio too though but anyways when i put a cd in the cd player wether its a cd-r or a regular one it won't read the cd and it won't even say theres one in there i tried new batteries and tried cleaning the lens i haven't even had it more than three months.also its says it can read cd-r's

Username: Bratboy697

Greensburg, Pa USA

Post Number: 1
hi my name is jeff i bought a durabandmp3/cd player and every time i turn my truck off and then turn it to accerises or turn the key forward it shuts the radio completely off and i have to hit the reset button to get it to work again what can i do to fix the problem..... thank you.oh and by the way it also keeps saying error 7 which states that there isnt a cd in it either but i know there is..

Unregistered guest
I've have my duraband CD player for about 3 months now and it just stopped working one day. I bought it at Walmart but they said they couldnt honor the warranty because I didnt have original packaging and the reciept was 3 months old. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with the Manufacturer?

Unregistered guest
I bought my durabrand portable CD player this past June. It said on the package "Joggable". Yet it skips if you barely move it! Plus it seems to eat up batteries within hours. I swear if I put in brand new duracel batteries and play it for one solid hour, the batteries will be dead! I'm buying something more dependable like Sony, or RCA if they make portable CD players.

Unregistered guest
Sir,
I purchased compact disc player model # cd-203, from Walmart.
Everything is working fine,except it does not auto stop.
It says on the player that it auto stops.
Kindly help me.

Brady Unruh
Unregistered guest
Hey One of my frinds sisters has a Duraband Portable CD And It works Great...but half the time mini cds dont work not a problem she dont use minis anyway.
However, I got a spindle Of Duraband CD-R's For Wally-world Real Cheap But The Don't Work Unless You use Roxio or Nero (IE. The Discs Stink)
But The 10 packs are great...???WHY???

Unregistered guest
the only brand i trust is durabrand because of my past expierience. Even though ive gone trough about 3 of them in the past 6 years i know there good till the very last life you can squeez out of them. after about 2 and a half years something would go wrong with it like the lens would get tired and skip or the headphone jack would go out after pluging and unplugging the headphones for years i just got a new durabrand cd player on 10-13-04. its model number cd-965. try it its the coolest one ive ever had! durabrand truly is the best.

R. Garrett
Unregistered guest
I bought a Durabrand stereo back at the begining of the year, I have used it once. I put in 5 cds this week to try it out, and each time it played seconds of a song and kept bouncing areound, never got to hear an entire song. I can not find my receipt (obviously) and Walmart says all they can do is give me a warranty form. I feel so ripped off, I just wanted something inexpensive to put on my entertainment ctr. I guess cheaper is no talways better. I think that Durabrand sux, and I can find no number to call and get assistance

Joe CHoe
Unregistered guest
Duraband is faulty and lame... I recently bought a cd player from Duraband and it plays store bought Cd's perfectly, but cd-r's don't play on it for nothing. The cd-r's play perfectly on other players, but on the duraband player, it only plays 4 songs then quits... or skips rapidly the whole way. I called the service line of Duraband and they had no clue what was wrong with it. I say boycott duraband if you're looking for a cd player. It's probably a good choice if you just want to spend 20 bucks or something, but seriously... it's a total rip.

Durabrand sux
Unregistered guest
Guys lets just suggest everyone to not buy any durabrand product!!i had a cd-965 mp3/cd player, kills the battery fast and every time i forward to a song it would take long to load, even longer on mp3 cd's!
NO MORE DURABRAND!

DaManapuaman
Unregistered guest
I recently bought a Durabrand CD-965. It sux butt. I tried playing an mp3 CD on it and it doesn't work. BUT when I tried it on my friend's one, it worked fine. Yeah, don't buy this brand

Anonymous

I agree with everyone here. DURABRAND SUX! I have a 10 disc cd changer and when I get lucky it will read the cd but skips rapidly during playback. Customer service is a joke if you can even get a hold of them.

Unregistered guest
My dad bought me a CD/MP3 player Model CD-965 from a Wal Mart from Hawaii. The day later, it could not work. I put new batteries in there and they just get really hot but the player could not turn on. What is the problem?

edster922
Unregistered guest
Durabrand...wonderful illustration of "you get what you pay for."

However Walmart does have a great return/exchange policy, so if you don't mind going back there to trade in for a new one every few weeks/months then why not?

PhotoShogun
Unregistered guest
I just bought a $20 Durabrand mp3 cd player from Wal-Mart, and it's quirky, but I think I've figured out how to get it to cooperate with me. I tried playing it in my car, and everytime I try to put a cd in and play it while driving, it just says "reading" forever. I waited for a good 45 minutes, and nothing. But everytime I start it up while parked, it reads in about 10 to 20 seconds. And I only have minimal problems with skipping and such. Sometimes, it has difficulty going once it's got the cd read. I've found that skipping tracks around will get it going after a few tries. Also if it says it's finished reading, and the song title ect is displayed, but it isn't playing, I've found that pausing it, and then unpausing it causes it to play immediately almost every time. It takes some trickery to get it working, but once I do, I don't have any more trouble with skipping or errors than I've ever had with a walkman. They all skip a bit. the only truely unskippable devices that are worth anything are the iPod and the PSP (in my opinion) and they each cost over $200. Though I do expect to see iPod prices dropping, now that the PSP is out. And we all (probably) already know that the PSP is far superior to the iPod, as it plays music, movies, and games for the same price.

Anonymous

I got a Durabrand CD-965 from Wally World last weekend. Great price - but too good to be true, I guess. The sound quality is fine but it skips occasionally, or blasts a loud bunch of feedback into my ears. If this happened three or four times per CD I would probably just live with it, but it seems to be every other song, and sometimes it lasts for about 10 seconds. It does it whether I'm out biking or it's just sitting stationary at my desk. The same MP3 disks play fine in my computer. Guess I'm going to have to return it and spring for a more expensive model. Too bad - I have a Durabrand CD/FM Stereo in my car and a Durabrand home theater sound system, and am really happy with both of those. I figured this would be of the same quality, but apparently not.

Unregistered guest
I HAVE A DURABRAND CD PLAYER AND THE ONLY PROBLEM THAT I HAVE WITH MINE IS THAT IT RUNS DOWN THE BATTERY AND I CAN NEVER FIND MY REMOTE...

Unregistered guest
when i play a cd a error-06 appears WHATS WRONG!

CookedKrack
Unregistered guest
I got a Durabrand CD-965 from Wally World last week. It works good but once in a while it skips. So i returned it to get a new one now it works fine. Here is the site for the registration for the CD players. www.lenoxx.com

Marty Moose
Unregistered guest
Did you just say Wally World?
Hahahaha
Did you by any chance meet the Griswalds?

Roy Wally
Unregistered guest
I'm gonna kill Clark next time I see him... He conned me and my staff into letting them use the park when it was closed for repairs (Moose out front should have told them). He held up my security guard with a pellet gun that could break the skin and cause a very bad infection!

Wally World dad...Roy Wally World...

I love that flick

Unregistered guest
I thought only here in the "third world" we have problems with this crap call DURABRAND. I bought a home theater and I tried so many hacks to change the region. Tried many times to contact the Alco Co., no answers from there. So, don't buy this brand. Anyway if you like to be masoquist....

some young teenage punk
Unregistered guest
Durabrand really sucks. I only had my CD player for about 2 days and the thing just stopped and never worked again.
Also, does anybody know the Durabrand website URL? I can't find it anywhere

Anonymous

To some young teenage punk, Durabrand doesn't have a website (go figure).

Durabrand portable CD players are crap, I bought four...and guess what? I returned three! (models: CD855, CD857, CD915-I think)

Bill F
Unregistered guest
I also bought this brand at WalMart after being assured by the salesperson that he had five of them, and that they were every bit as good and reliable as Sony et al. So I got one. I immediately had problems similar to the ones posted here. Took it back and exchanged the unit for another. Similar but different problems. Another trip to WalMart (good thing it's only about .5 mile from here!) and another exchange. This one works fine, although I am not enamored with the way the whole unit is engineered. Anyhow, I have -- for the millionth time now, I think -- re-learned the lesson that big brand names are USUALLY big for a reason ...

TIBURR
Unregistered guest
I FEEL SO RELIEVED THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE GOING THROUGH THIS. I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY CD PLAYER ON MY STEREO. LIKE EVRYONE ELSE THE RADIO IS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS.I PURCHASED THE PRODUCT NOT TO LISTEN TO THE RADIO , BUT TO MY CD'S. I TRIED CALLING THE COMPANY SEVERAL TIMES ,BUT THEIR PHONE SYSTEM JUSTS DISCONNECT ME. I'VE LEARNED MY LESSON IN BUYING A CHEAP PRODUCT LIKE DURABRAND. NEXT TIME I WILL SHELL OUT THE MONEY FOR A REAL RELIABLE BRAND.

epps
Unregistered guest
thats weird because it never had many problems for me and i could play my cdr's just right and i loved that it was loud unlike sony or philips. i love loud cd players. the only thing that sucks is the battery life and it doesn't play cd/rw's that well but it plays my cdr's just perfectly. although i don't mind durabrand i still want to know what other loud cd plaeyrs are good out there with good battery life.

Bronze Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 56
Get a Sony, JVC, or Panasonic CD boombox.

For a better selection: go to Best Buy. - Reinhart

Unregistered guest
I got the cd player for my wife on her birthday in "04. Best buy I ever made. Got it at Wal-mart. Now for some reason it died suddenly. Wont do a thing. Does anyone have any suggestion short of buying another?? Please e-mail me.

Jerry

Anonymous

sony D-EJ100 i think is good as long as you got some good headphones like i use philips headphones to help for louder music. other then that i don't know of anything else. i tried philips cd players but isn't loud enough for me. i am more into loud cd portable players and their life spands i guess you just gotta try them out like i do and if you don' like take it back before the expired date. i think testing them out is the only way to go because everyone is different in what they want. some guy told me rca is the best and i tried it and it sucked for me so just test and go with what you like.

Anonymous

got a cd player model no.1906---needs instrutions in english could you please send them to me

L a i
Unregistered guest
i just bought a duraband mp3 130 player portable, when i plug it in so i can sync and put music onto it it says that my my files are on another computer, but it isnt it say indirect path not valid it also said it is not on high speed port. my sister has the same one and hers work?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us