HSU Subs

MAB
What are the differences between the STF-1/2 and the VTF-2?

Anonymous
at least one letter!

MAB
Cute, but not extremely helpful. I was hoping to get a performance/quality/features comparison.

The only thing I saw on HSU's site was the V series has a variable setting feature.

MichaelSLB
MAB,

"STF subwoofers remove the Variable Tuning feature of the VTF line."

Michael

MichaelSLB
...I would expect the STF-2 to sound VERY simlar
to the VTF-2 when tuned in Max Extension mode.

Michael

Joel
I can't answer your question but I needed to tip my hat to HSU real quick.

I ordered a VTF-2 a couple weeks ago at $499. Free shipping and it arrived within a few days. The new subs came out a couple days later and they also put the VTF-2 on sale for $449 after I bought it.

I emailed them about the price drop and they credited me back $50 no questions asked.

In addition, they spent 3 or 4 emails with me on the best location for it in my room.(Unfortunately, I decided to wait for the new Nad receivers to come in so I haven't even hooked it up yet)

All in all, very kick butt service - you've narrowed it down to a good company. As to the two subs, I'm sure they'll both be good... but the VTF-2 is so universally well reviewed for the money that I feel good about keeping it over the new ones.

Joel

Username: Heff

Post Number: 13
The STF are the newest models offering BASH ampliers and a down firing cabinet design. They are so new in fact, the STF-3 is not scheduled to ship until later this month. If you want reviews, you'll read about earlier models like the VTF's or prototypes sent to reviewers.

Do you want to shake the room? you can get an STF-2 Do you want to shake your neighbors rooms too? an STF-3 or VTF-3 will do nicely.

There are Hsu know-it-alls at the hsu forum found here. --> http://www.hsuresearch.com/forum/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us