CD Player Recommendation for HK 3480 with Infinity RS 5001

Najmi Jarwala
Unregistered guest
I am in the process of upgrading my stereo music system. Based on feedback from this message board's receiver forum, I have purchased a HK 3480 and love it. Speakers are Infinity RS 5001 (over a decade old). No subwoofer, as yet (toying with a Velodyne CHT-10...).

The CD player with the above is a Denon DCD 820 (again, more than a decade old). Its beginning to act up (does not read a disc on insertion, until I press "Stop", etc.). I want to plan an upgrade and would love to hear your recommendations. Note that this setup is being used for listening to stereo (2 ch) music only, no movies. Music is mainly classical, jazz, opera, and some soft rock.

The HK 3480 does not have digital inputs, so will be using the CD players DAC rather than the receivers.

Thanks.

Najmi Jarwala.

Bronze Member
Username: Drumsuck

St. johns, Newfoundland Canada

Post Number: 48
Try the Cambridge Audio Azur 640C. I used one for a while with my HK 3380/Acoustic Energy speakers and it was nice. Not to harsh. 540C is also available, for about 2/3 the price.

I don't have a lot of experience with CD players. My HIFI knowledge is pretty much limited to turntables. I intend to look at a few in the coming months... thinking of the Rotel RCD-1072.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us